Where to find large cut corned beef?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

superdave

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Where would I start looking for a large cut of corned beef? i.e. something larger than the small packs at the grocery store.

IF you update your profile to show your general location we can help you out more. The local to my area (PNW) restaurant supply store Cash and Carry has whole corned beef packers. My only other option is from a local butcher that brines his own. I dont buy them as I brine my own corn beef using Pops Brine

Try Krogers or Fred Meyers if you have one close by.  I Got a couple of "abnormally large" Corn Beef cuts last year in the fall (Oct / Nov time).  I was surprised at how big, they were.  They were also labelled as extra lean, which they were.  Made some great Dude-strami!

Thanks, I do have a Cash & Carry a few miles from the house.  I was also wondering if places like Winco, Food For Less and some of those type stores would have some.

Costco sometimes gets CB packers in just before St. Patrick's Day. Otherwise, yeah, Cash & Carry.

Last edited:

Thanks, I do have a Cash & Carry a few miles from the house.  I was also wondering if places like Winco, Food For Less and some of those type stores would have some.
If you have a C&C get on their email list for the hot sheet specials. I buy about 99% of my meat there cut and repack for the freezer. I like paying $3-$4 a pound for steak rather than $8-$12!

Sometimes?

Even where you least expect it, the meat guy at your supermarket can place an order for you?

Expect to pay the price, though!

Good luck and good smoking.

Cash and Carry near my place (Tigard, Oregon) has entire packers that have already been corned!
biggrin.gif
  I want to say they are about $3.40 per. lb.

Costco sometimes gets CB packers in just before St. Patrick's Day. Otherwise, yeah, Cash & Carry.
I was VERY unhappy with the CB's I got from Costco last year.  The Kroger one's were far far better.  But I'm sure they vary from year to year and region to region.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky