Where to buy pork bellies?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking shawn86

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 13, 2011
southern Ca,
I would like to know where to buy whole pork bellies.Where I live bacon is getting too expensive were paying $4.25 a pound that is craze.I would like to start prepossessing my own bacon,pules it would give me a excuse to build a small smoke house.

If you have a local butcher...you might could ask there....or see if your local grocery store will order for you.  If you buy by the case...may get a cheaper price

Kat

Smoking shawn, here in Washington and Oregon there is a place called Cash and Carry, they are open to the public and usually have frozen pork bellies. Cash and Carry is a division of Smart Foods, or something close to that name.

I bought 1 about 2 weeks ago for the price of $2.49 per pound.

Rich-

Smoking shawn, here in Washington and Oregon there is a place called Cash and Carry, they are open to the public and usually have frozen pork bellies. Cash and Carry is a division of Smart Foods, or something close to that name.

I bought 1 about 2 weeks ago for the price of $2.49 per pound.

Rich-
I got mine at the same place......same price......about a month ago.

Brad

Smoking Shaun 86, I'm not sure where in so cal you are located but in chino there is a place called hottingers family meats. They've been around forever and would ether have or be able to get anything u could ever want. They butcher full animals and carry a lot of hard to find items.

Reactions: chad martinell
Some of your larger grocery stores have a list they can order from. Ask the butcher and see what they are able to order. A local grocery (Publix) actually will order Wagu, but you have to wait a few days for it to be delivered. We do have one that carries it regularly, so no waiting if I ever get the crazy itch for at home. Also check some of the Mom and Pop ethnic stores. I get most of my smoking meat from a local Mexican store. At first they thought I was crazy for the amounts I would ask for, but now they will find me anything I want. Of course for a price on the items they don't regularly carry. To help me on the price I will talk with the lead butcher and find out the case size and buy the whole case and they will cut down the price a bit.

Sorry forgot a part........

If you search "buck board bacon" in the search area. You will find an alternative several members use. It also sounds to be a bit cheaper as well. I have not tried it yet, but it is on my list.

I have to go with some of the others...Between Pork Belly Chicharron and Asian Braised Pork Belly, the Southern Cali Mexican and Asian grocers have to have it...JJ

I get mine from restaurant depot
I live 3 miles from one but can't get a membership because I don't own a Restaurant or Catering biz anymore. I'm thinking this leaves most of us out in the cold...JJ

You can get a free KCBS RD membership. Search on here, there is a thread about it. If you have any kind of business license you can get a membership. I have an auto repair shop with a RD membership.

Last one I got was 19# and 2.99LB

I had the local butcher shop order it. I give them a week notice on anything I ask them to order. I also take them a sample of what I'm doing. I have got them to slice it of me after the smoke for free. Also Asian markets here have smaller pieces. same price.

If you get one with the skin on. Make some pork rind pellets.

Happy smoken.

David

Many times you can use a pork butt for a pork belly; it is called buckboard bacon.  You bone out the butt and split it in half lengthwise not quite all the way through.  Cure it and smoke it, then slice it; it is much leaner and healthier and still tastes great!  Or, get a boneless pork loin half and make Canadian bacon!  More than one way to skin the pig..er, cat!  (See my link in my sig line that says Buckboard of some I did!  The boned out and split butts aren't real pretty, well, pretty ugly, but who cares, sliced it looks delicious!)

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky