Where to buy Camp Chef Woodwind?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Polecat99

Original poster
Aug 14, 2019
I'm about to pull the trigger on my first pellet grill. I've decided on the Camp Chef Woodwind SG with sear box.
Does anyone have any suggestions of where/who to buy it from? I normally prefer to buy large items in person at a brick and motor store, but I can't seem to find any stores that stock them regularly in my area (Houston TX).
Any suggestions on which re-sellers have a better return policy or shipping methods? Do any online re-sellers allow you to return a grill after it has been used? (Hopefully that won't be needed, but you never know.)
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I'm about to pull the trigger on my first pellet grill. I've decided on the Camp Chef Woodwind SG with sear box.
Does anyone have any suggestions of where/who to buy it from? I normally prefer to buy large items in person at a brick and motor store, but I can't seem to find any stores that stock them regularly in my area (Houston TX).
Any suggestions on which re-sellers have a better return policy or shipping methods? Do any online re-sellers allow you to return a grill after it has been used? (Hopefully that won't be needed, but you never know.)
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
I bought exactly that unit back in February 2019. The only place you could buy it then was direct from the company. It was too new and even their reps didn't have it to sell. That may still be the case. You will need to call them to find out for sure. Mine is meeting ALL of my expectations so far.

I bought mine from outdoorcooking.com. The price and customer service was great, and they ended up taking it back when I had a problem with it.

Thanks everyone for all the replies! :)
I noticed that Camp Chef's website as well as outdoorcooking.com both say that only unopened, unused items may be returned. I guess that is standard for online purchases these days?
Everyone has the same price and free shipping so I will probably just purchase it from Camp Chef's website.
Thanks again!

I ordered my woodwind sg with sear box directly from camp chef. They threw in a grill cover for free which was nice. If you want to save a little money order the front shelf from QVC (as far as I'm concerned the shelf is needed. It should be included but isnt) . When I ordered mine a couple months ago it was like $20-25 cheaper than from camp chefs site.

I noticed that Camp Chef's website as well as outdoorcooking.com both say that only unopened, unused items may be returned. I guess that is standard for online purchases these days?

Probably standard language. My grill had a problem that they could not fix - Camp Chef worked with outdoorcooking to arrange the return. Not sure they really have much choice if it's under warranty and does not work.

Looks like Dick's Sporting goods (Austin) is the nearest dealer. Not my first choice in stores but it is somewhat near you. Walmart may be an option also.

Thanks again to everyone for all the replies and advice. I ordered a smoker from camp chef. This feels very strange for me to buy something so expensive sight-unseen and not be able to use it for 10 days (waiting for shipping), but I guess I've got to join the 21st century some day. It feels like a big step backwards to me, but I'll live.
Thanks again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky