1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Where to buy Camp Chef Woodwind?

Discussion in 'Pellet Smokers' started by Polecat99, Aug 14, 2019 at 5:40 PM.

1. Polecat99

Polecat99 Newbie

I'm about to pull the trigger on my first pellet grill. I've decided on the Camp Chef Woodwind SG with sear box.
    Does anyone have any suggestions of where/who to buy it from? I normally prefer to buy large items in person at a brick and motor store, but I can't seem to find any stores that stock them regularly in my area (Houston TX).
    Any suggestions on which re-sellers have a better return policy or shipping methods? Do any online re-sellers allow you to return a grill after it has been used? (Hopefully that won't be needed, but you never know.)
    Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

2. kruizer

kruizer Master of the Pit

You can order it direct from Camp Chef. Their CS is excellent.

3. dubob

dubob Smoke Blower

I bought exactly that unit back in February 2019. The only place you could buy it then was direct from the company. It was too new and even their reps didn't have it to sell. That may still be the case. You will need to call them to find out for sure. Mine is meeting ALL of my expectations so far.

4. bregent

bregent Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I bought mine from outdoorcooking.com. The price and customer service was great, and they ended up taking it back when I had a problem with it.

5. For what it's worth the pellet grill I settled on is only avaliable direct and there are no retail outlets or middlemen that need to be paid so all of my money went into the grill and not some middle man's pocket and overhead for retail space.
    I called them up, or ordered on line, I forgot and a week later it showed up delivered to my doorstep, shipping included. After unpacking and some minor assembly taking about an hour, it was fired up and being seasoned. The next day it was cooking up some tasty ribs.
    It set me back about a grand including options, some other BBQ dodads and a few bags of pellets. The hardest part was waiting out the week but that was like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Polecat99 likes this.
  6. Polecat99

Polecat99 Newbie

Thanks everyone for all the replies! :)
    I noticed that Camp Chef's website as well as outdoorcooking.com both say that only unopened, unused items may be returned. I guess that is standard for online purchases these days?
    Everyone has the same price and free shipping so I will probably just purchase it from Camp Chef's website.
    Thanks again!

7. Fishonshawn

Fishonshawn Newbie

I ordered my woodwind sg with sear box directly from camp chef. They threw in a grill cover for free which was nice. If you want to save a little money order the front shelf from QVC (as far as I'm concerned the shelf is needed. It should be included but isnt) . When I ordered mine a couple months ago it was like $20-25 cheaper than from camp chefs site.

8. bregent

bregent Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Probably standard language. My grill had a problem that they could not fix - Camp Chef worked with outdoorcooking to arrange the return. Not sure they really have much choice if it's under warranty and does not work.

9. BigW.

BigW. Fire Starter

Looks like Dick's Sporting goods (Austin) is the nearest dealer. Not my first choice in stores but it is somewhat near you. Walmart may be an option also.

10. With the world so small these days with the internet factored in, any reputable maker is going to take care of you instead of letting you run wild bad mouthing their stuff all over the internet. However if their MO is ripping and running on internet sales, you've probably gotten what you've paid for.