Where in NC are you hailing from?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lived in Asheville from 2004 till this past December when I moved to Sneads Ferry, Just outside Jacksonville.

I love me the mountains and the beach, my only problem is that pesky piedmont region in the way 
biggrin.gif

I was born and raised in Greenville, moved to Golsboro inHigh School, and went to NCState. I live in Hollywood, MD now, but I own a home in Kitty Hawk. I am NC at heart! Can I still join?

I haven't been on much due to working to many jobs and trying to move and probably won't be on to much right away but I finally rented a place in NC after working here for two weeks. Moving the wife and new kid down this weekend! Glad to be a NC resident (when I go to the dmv Monday). Thanks for having me!

Cool Big Twig.. Glad to have you here in NC.....  Its a great place to live especially if your at the beach......

Joe

I live in Hertford, which is between Elizabeth City and Edenton.  I am lucky to live near the Albemarle Sound and the OBX.

Wes, I am sure you are proud of that son! I was career Navy and I always hoped if we were in harms way that our good Marine brothers would there to assist.

Keep on smokin'.

Hi all,

Bought second home here in Calabash area almost two years ago. Fixing it up now, and more or less here a bit more than part-time. Don't hold it against me, but I'm a Northerner.....a Yankee, sorry!

bus1982, you don't live far from me.  I'm a China Grove boy!  I smoke on my BBE (Big Brown Egg, Ceramic smoker from Academy sports), Master Forge bullet smoker, and a big pull behind offset smoker (AKA the beast).   

Hello fellow NC Grillers!

My name is Jerry and I live in Fayetteville. I have a BGE, an older Weber gas grill and a smaller Weber charcoal. I've been cutting down some hickory and wild dark cherry trees and would welcome any tips on using them in my BGE. For example, is it best to cut it up in chunks? Can you use the branches? Is it best to remove the bark? 

Welcome to the forum Jerry.

For my smoker I split if about 1-11/2in  square and feed it as needed for temp.   I personally don't use the bark.    But, if you are one that wraps your pork, you can use anything once its wrapped.    At that point you just need heat.

Don't forget about the handy dandy search bar at the top.   I  use it all the time.    Folks here are more then willing  to help.  You won't find a nicer bunch of people to hang out with.

Last edited:

I live in Hertford, which is between Elizabeth City and Edenton.  I am lucky to live near the Albemarle Sound and the OBX.
And "Home of Jim Catfish Hunter"!  There used to be a sign with that on it.  Not many people would know who he is now.

I used to live in Edenton many years ago.  Now I live in Sanford.

Bobby

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky