Where in NC are you hailing from?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hello wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I'm new to the forums and found the NC group. i'm from Ronda NC that's in Wilkes county.

In lake royale, but closest town is Bunn but have a louisburg zip code lol. Half way between Raleigh and rocky mt on hwy 64.... Moose. :beercheer:

Last edited:
Welcome to SMF moose and were glad to have you aboard.............. I'll be heading over to the NC gathering in a few weeks. You should try to attend. Its a good time. Just a bunch of people getting together, smoking some Q and having a good time.....

I reckon we've come full circle! I live in Winston-Salem! Almost lived in Greensboro but it was too hard to spell!

I really wish I could,trust me I do. We have 5 month old twin boys and the the one has health issues, no time to do or go anywhere..lol. Next year for sure if I'm able, you don't need to twist my arm to eat smoked meat and drink cold beer!! Thumbs Up

I just moved to Fearrington Village between Chapel Hill and Pittsboro. I have used a Lil Chief Smoker for  40 years and have an Old Smokey on order.

Reactions: smokinbrew
Welcome  to SMF Fungi and were glad to have you aboard so join in, share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite………

The Qveiw

Joe

I was born in Greensboro, spent my early years outside Reidsville, little community called Bethany. 'Course the best BBQ was made their in Reidsville at a place called Short Sugars. I still every once in a while order some of their sauce to use on my pulled. LOL

I was born in Greensboro, spent my early years outside Reidsville, little community called Bethany. 'Course the best BBQ was made their in Reidsville at a place called Short Sugars. I still every once in a while order some of their sauce to use on my pulled. LOL
Maybe its just the area I'm in, or Jeffs rub, but there ain't nothing around even close to the BBQ I turn out of my pile of bricks.  Maybe its the wood fire.  With Jeffs rub it really doesn't need sauced.  Awesome stuff.  FH, you need to move back to your roots man.   I'd love to sit and talk a while.   Bring some gator with you too.  A friend of mine says its awesome eat'n.

Love the mountains.  Little cold last winter with lows in the -10, but the summers are awesome.   Any ya'll get up here shoot me a PM.   I've always got Jim Beam and I guarantee you there's something in the freezer we can throw in the smoker.

Maybe its just the area I'm in, or Jeffs rub, but there ain't nothing around even close to the BBQ I turn out of my pile of bricks.  Maybe its the wood fire.  With Jeffs rub it really doesn't need sauced.  Awesome stuff.  FH, you need to move back to your roots man.   I'd love to sit and talk a while.   Bring some gator with you too.  A friend of mine says its awesome eat'n.

Love the mountains.  Little cold last winter with lows in the -10, but the summers are awesome.   Any ya'll get up here shoot me a PM.   I've always got Jim Beam and I guarantee you there's something in the freezer we can throw in the smoker.
I am sure you'd out smoke 'em Wes, I just have nothing to base that on............. yet !!  I loved it, its the only place I ever lived that actually had all 4 seasons in sync with the calendar. AND the Park system was totally awesome! I am scared if I got too close to your smoker its would cost me dearly. I have never laid brick, rubbed my share of cement but never layed brick.

Reactions: wes w
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky