where do you order your spices and other ingredients?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fishcrazy

Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
10-9-0 , Wa
finding some of the things I need for rubs and brine in local stores is difficult. I've found several places online.

what is your favorite place?

Kris

Check farmer's markets. I get most of mine at a weekly Amish Market. Prices aren't bad and they have had just about everything I've ever looked for. They have a dedicated stall for spices and flavorings.

I ended up ordering from americanspice.com and conyeagerspice.com
Found lots of cool things that I didn't even know existed. Got some ideas to try later.

keep posting your favorite places it all good help.
One thing I like is it was cheaper than driving to the store for me. With flat rate shipping it wasn't to bad. And I think the quality/freshness is better.

Kris

If ya have a WinCo where ya live, they have a bulk section with spices. Just thought where ya live in WA I'd drop ya a line. Just for future reference if ya have one, worth a try.... WHB

Most everything I buy, which isn't too much, comes from either Butchers & Packers, and I have bought once from American Spice company. They have the fullest collection of spices I know of, but they are proud of what they have.

My normal spices are McCormick. 40 years of consistent spices. Black Peppers and extracts from Watkins. Ask your grandma about Watkins black pepper, its still as good too! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky