Where can I get the best price on LumberJack Pellets?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Anybody living west of the 'River' is SOL. All the RK stores are on the east side of the 'River'. :emoji_disappointed: I can live with my local dealership out the door price of $10/20 lbs 24/7 including tax. All y'all east of the 'River' should definitely jump on that price. :emoji_sunglasses:

Spoke with dicks on the price match at 4.99 for 20lb bag. Came up with some lame excuse they cant pricematch as the codes will not work. Gave me 20 bucks off total order, so i got 2 bags for 18 bucks shipped. Not bad, but i wish the pricematch worked.
What phone number did you call? Was it a national number or local number?

Ha! Just tried to order from Rural King online to see what it would cost me as I am in Boston and they don't exist here. $4.99 per bag so put 10 in my cart. Shipping was only $280. LOL. Needless to say, I decided not to buy. Assuming I like the hickory ones I bought from Dicks, I will likely do a group buy as that will be the best pricing I can get on them here.

Reactions: tshobbes
I haven't used the Lumberjack pellets yet. But I ordered some from the Field and Stream store to try. They also have a sale right now. Order 1 bag and the second is half off. Not as good as the Rural King price. But with the half off the second bag it beats the Dicks price.

Wish I already knew if I liked them as there is a Rural King about an hour away and that sales price makes it worth the drive.

Ha! Just tried to order from Rural King online to see what it would cost me as I am in Boston and they don't exist here. $4.99 per bag so put 10 in my cart. Shipping was only $280. LOL. Needless to say, I decided not to buy. Assuming I like the hickory ones I bought from Dicks, I will likely do a group buy as that will be the best pricing I can get on them here.

I did the same thing last night just to see. For 2 bags it was $28 shipping. I'd spend less in gas driving to the one that is an hour from me.

I just went to my local dicks sporting goods.. they matched rural kings price. got 10 bags for $4.99 each! woo hoo!!

The cost is a little pricey but if anyone ever wants to do a mix and match combo of Lumberjack pellets in 1, 3, or 4 pound bags you can go here: Mix n Match LJ Samples

I did the 7 pack sample bundle of the 1 bound bags to figure out what I liked and didn't like. I was also able to mix and match options to figure out custom blends I liked and didn't liked. This was nice to know that way I knew what to pick up and what to avoid when I bought big bags.

It is also nice if you want to try a wood you don't get easily in your area like Mesquite for beef!

Enjoy!

Reactions: scarfa211
The cost is a little pricey but if anyone ever wants to do a mix and match combo of Lumberjack pellets in 1, 3, or 4 pound bags you can go here: Mix n Match LJ Samples

I did the 7 pack sample bundle of the 1 bound bags to figure out what I liked and didn't like. I was also able to mix and match options to figure out custom blends I liked and didn't liked. This was nice to know that way I knew what to pick up and what to avoid when I bought big bags.

It is also nice if you want to try a wood you don't get easily in your area like Mesquite for beef!

Enjoy!

?????

One could get 7 full bags, and in variety, for roughly the same money on the Rural Kings deal.

One could also mix the pellets that they didn’t like, in small quantities with those that they did, and likely would taste no difference.

?????

One could get 7 full bags, and in variety, for roughly the same money on the Rural Kings deal.

One could also mix the pellets that they didn’t like, in small quantities with those that they did, and likely would taste no difference.

You are correct.
To get that deal one would also have to move to the eastern part of the US and close to a Rural King if they didn't already live near one hahahaha :emoji_wink::emoji_blush:
I get where you are going with the reply though :emoji_blush:

I should have mentioned in my post that for anyone not near a place that sells Lumberjack Pellets, they could try the variety pack option. Before Dick's starting selling Lumberjack pellets I had to go this route to figure out what I might order in a group buy.
Then I lucked out and found a guy who orders a variety in a couple of pallets at a time and sells them on craigslist about a 20 minute drive away.
I'm glad I did the variety pack option though, because I then knew what to buy from him since I didn't want to be married to 40 pounds of a wood I didn't care for. I had already felt the pain of a few online orders of some pellet blends that were not very good and didn't want to repeat that mistake anymore, so I opted for the sampling lol.

For all you Rural King guys, jump on that deal! SlowmotionQue is right that it is a better option than ordering pellets or basically any sale I've ever seen on Lumberjack pellets! :)

Sadly it looks like Dick’s no longer offers the Lumber Jack brand at least on their website... they were probably loosing too much $$$ from all the Rural King price match requests!

Reactions: tallbm
Blain' Farm and Fleet in the midwest carries Lumber Jack for $9.99/20lb bag. My store carries Comp Blend, Hickory, Char-Hickory, Cherry, Pecan, and Apple.

I haven't used the Lumberjack pellets yet. But I ordered some from the Field and Stream store to try. They also have a sale right now. Order 1 bag and the second is half off. Not as good as the Rural King price. But with the half off the second bag it beats the Dicks price.

Wish I already knew if I liked them as there is a Rural King about an hour away and that sales price makes it worth the drive.

If it's only an hour drive then it's worth the trip. Pick up a couple bags, take the missus and stroll the isles. They've got enough other stuff that it won't feel like a wasted trip. They carry a whole line of smoker, grills, and sausage making stuff under their store brand (of which I've forgotten the name) that looks good enough to buy, yet I never seem to hear being mentioned by anyone who owns them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky