Where can I get the best price on LumberJack Pellets?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The cheapest place I found is bbqpelletsonline.
Get some friends and order a ton of pellets. In order to get the cheapest price on shipping have them delivered to a business that has a lift truck.
Shipping will cost more if delivered to a residence and more $ if the truck has to use a lift gate.
We got them last year for 11.75$ a bag.

Reactions: WBDubya
I just spent the last couple hours comparing 4 different brands of pellets for Smoke output only. Was using an empty grill. I have a Grilla Silverbac. Have been using a Kamado style smoker for several years but got tired of constant tending to temp swings. Absolutely loved the grill and smoke output! Was not sure if I made the right move in switching to a pellet smoker! Started with Pit Boss pellets because of availability and price. They are terrible very little smoke output! Today I decided to try and find something that would work for me. Tried Pit Boss again Lumber Jack, Traeger, and found a bag of BBQ pellets at Winco grocery store called Lil Devil( 5.78/20lbs) out of Oregon. Pit Boss still sucked Lumber Jack good smoke output(nothing like what I have been used to) Traeger not very good and Lil Devil was every bit as good as Lumber Jack as far as smoke output!!! Would love to see some of you try a bag of LiL Devil and see what you think. Hope you find this post interesting. One other thing the LiL Devil bag says they blend several woods into their pellets so have no idea how the taste would be. Also Made in USA!

I wouldn't focus much on visible smoke output. If you're looking for smoke flavor, look for pellets made from woods with the strongest flavor. Lil devil are mostly alder if I recall. They may smoke a lot, but do not provide much flavor. I pretty much stick with LJ 100% hickory, as it provides the best smoke flavor for me. Pecan and Mesquite are also strong, but are more expensive and Mesquite has a distinct flavor some folks don't like.

BBQPelletsOnline has group buys of Lumberjack in and around Phoenix all the time.

Reactions: tallbm
I buy LJ pellets from a family owned business out of a home garage. I pay $10 for a 20 lb bag out the door. Local store business sell the same pellet for $13 at one store and 14 at another store. I only use Maple/Hickory/Cherry blend for everything. Too damn lazy to constantly switch pellet flavors and 100% happy with MY results. There my be a similar business (selling from home) in your area. I live in the Ogden, UT area. If you live in the Wasatch Front area and want the contact information, send me a PM (Conversation on here).

The cheapest place I found is bbqpelletsonline.
Get some friends and order a ton of pellets. In order to get the cheapest price on shipping have them delivered to a business that has a lift truck.
Shipping will cost more if delivered to a residence and more $ if the truck has to use a lift gate.
We got them last year for 11.75$ a bag.

I second bbqpelletsonline.com. You don't even have to have friends! LOL. They will take your information and put you on a group buy list. Going this route will be a little slower depending on how long it takes to get enough people but in my case I only waited a week for the order to be placed. We will have to pick up the pellets at a shipping terminal but for me it will be worth it. Pricing works out to about $15 for a 40# bag, local dealer gets that price for 20#.

Reactions: Ishi
Correct I forgot about that option but have never done it that way.
My buddy is dragging his feet so I might have to go that route. Thanks for the reminder

I saw them at Atwoods for about $8.99 - They'll be the next pellets I try after I finish off my current stockpile.

According to the Rural King website everything but the 100% Cherry are currently on sale for $4.99/ 20# bag.

Reactions: solman
Yes. I looked up the ad on their sales flyer. The sale goes until June 22. It is while supplies last at each store and limited to 10 bags per person.

Spoke with dicks on the price match at 4.99 for 20lb bag. Came up with some lame excuse they cant pricematch as the codes will not work. Gave me 20 bucks off total order, so i got 2 bags for 18 bucks shipped. Not bad, but i wish the pricematch worked.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky