When to Plant Dill Seed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rabbithutch

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Knowing that dill is a cool weather plant, and we don't get much of that in Texas, I was wondering when I should plant dill seed. They will be in pots. I planted some last year but it was too late in the winter and the plants bolted pretty quickly. I'd like to get some in the pots in order to harvest some good dill and freeze some, put some in butter.

Does anyone know what temp ranges dill seed germinates best at?

TIA

RH, evening.....  Seems I can't copy and paste to the forum any longer so............ I gugld dill etc..... germinates at 60-70 degrees.... hates being transplanted... will grow indoors...  I'd suggest seed every 2 weeks in a separate container for each seeding...   the stuff is a weed.....   it should do fine....   Dave

PS.... seed needs light to germinate also...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky