What's your 'other' hobby?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Fishing: fortunately I live close enough to world-class trout fishing AND great saltwater fishing, too.
Very nice ,and you are a busy man, we also live in a place where the fishing is great. Salt and fresh we love it all. My wife bought me my first boat many years ago to get me out on the ocean. I cant wait to go hand lining soon, for some halibut or haddock , cod etc.
David

Reactions: K9BIGDOG
It's been a while since I had it running. I shot myself in the foot so to speak, it's pretty expensive to run.

Corey
IMG-20130508-00104.jpg

It's been a while since I had it running. I shot myself in the foot so to speak, it's pretty expensive to run.

CoreyView attachment 490946
WOW! I love the old muscle cars, and this looks like you've gone way over anything I've ever seen! Impressive as heck. Is that a '66 or '67 Buick? Guessing, I usually need to see the tailights to know better. Could be a Pontiac though. Excellent job either way. How loud is that when running?

WOW! I love the old muscle cars, and this looks like you've gone way over anything I've ever seen! Impressive as heck. Is that a '66 or '67 Buick? Guessing, I usually need to see the tailights to know better. Could be a Pontiac though. Excellent job either way. How loud is that when running?
It's actually what's left of a '65 Chevelle Malibu. Only thing that's still original is the main body shell. I actually drove this car to high-school back in the day. It was very rough so it was either spend a pile of money on a resto or build a race car. The racecar was actually cheaper.

Corey

Nice. The front end threw me off. The mid 60's GM's were so similar looking. What have you built the engine into? I mean I'm seeing those front side pipes and I can only imagine what you've got under the hood. Sorry, I get like a kid in a candy store when I start talking American Muscle cars, lol.

It's actually what's left of a '65 Chevelle Malibu. Only thing that's still original is the main body shell. I actually drove this car to high-school back in the day. It was very rough so it was either spend a pile of money on a resto or build a race car. The racecar was actually cheaper.

Corey
Holy cow! that is gorgeous.
Jim

That's fantastic. Do you run Pro Mod, Top Sportsman, or No Prep with it?
It was built as a Top Sportsman car but I mostly ran exhibition stuff at my local track. We don't get many national events. It's been in storage for a while since I moved. I'm getting older and its getting very hard for me to get in and out of it. I'm looking at selling the rolling chassis and building an altered so I can re-use the power train.

Corey

That is incredible to me! Never seen anything like it in person. Way above anything I've been involved in.

Very impressive! Thanks for the pictures.

Reactions: 912smoker
  • Haha
Reactions: fxsales1959
Damn! Now how cool is that!!! Thanks for posting Torc! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: Torc
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky