What's your 'other' hobby?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those look fantastic Bear, Love the one laying on his side , very cute.
Sorry to hear that your health is stopping you from this great hobby.

David

Thank You!!
Now don't tell her I told you, but I got Mrs Bear to pose for that "Lazy Bear".
I couldn't figure out how much to shorten the top leg, with it being bent slightly in that "side" position.

Bear

I enjoyed your story. I entered ONE motocross race--no gloves--no money. First turn, I wiped out..Knuckles were scrapped in that hard dirt until my bones showed...First race ...Last race. Charlie

I just never put 2 and 2 together--Bear Carver...........Amazing

Thank You Charlie!!
LOL---A lot of people figure it's just somebody who carves Bear Roasts.:emoji_bear:

Bear

slot snook.jpg
IMG_1219.JPG

Catching Snook and Hobby Breeding these guys (Gouldian Finch's)

Fly fishing for tarpon, snook and redfish is my all time favorite hobby. Shoooting, playing the guitar...horribly and throwing $$$ into my jeep are some others.
What kind of shooting have you been doing? I was heavily into Cowboy Action Shooting before Covid. Did some reloading today getting ready to start up again. It felt good!

I don't have a lot of time for hobbies, but I do find time for some amateur gunsmithing, gun collecting, and shooting. I was going to say keeping the Mrs. happy but that's more of a task than a hobby.

Everything is a hobby, now that I'm retired.
Number 1 is golf, 6 days a week, easy since I live on a golf course, and out my back door is the 16th tee.
Then, when I have time, I like to jump on the Harley Road King, and just cruise around.
I also spend a lot of time trying to perfect my pizza. I have a Blackstone Pizza Oven, and am always reading the PizzaMaking.com forums.
Now, we add smoking to the list.

If I’m not smoking something, I am usually leaning on my workbench, gnawing on some jerky, trying to figure out how to do something. I haven riden motorcycles since 1971. When traveling for business, I would pass on the airplane ticket and ride. I got pretty good at thousand mile days. Now I am building one.

F9B3D1E4-22F7-47D9-AEBA-18AA0D7D8A79.jpeg
Almost every part is hand made with my welders, little lathe, and milling machine. As soon as I figure out the exhaust, it will be time to tear it down, finish welding, rebuild the engine, and paint.

I just finished this bracket for the tachometer.

CCA3CEB3-0A67-458A-A6EB-9737F5DA530C.jpeg
51CBF955-3CF2-42E8-A00B-5E1D723A91B3.jpeg
EDB94772-5F20-4800-83D8-680147B54336.jpeg

Well, my wife says I have far too many hobbies, but I can't put down the things I love...
Hunting, shooting, reloading, especially bird hunting with my English Setter, but big game, small game, archery, I do it all. I'm also very involved with The Sons of The American Legion.
Music: I play keyboards, mostly the Hammond organ n blues and rock bands along with blues harmonica and have all kinds of gear to go with it.
Fishing: fortunately I live close enough to world-class trout fishing AND great saltwater fishing, too. I love the trout fishing and I fly fish and do a lot of fly tying in the winter months.
Oh and of course, BBQ and cooking... :emoji_laughing:
I could keep going but there's probably a limit on the amount of data I can use...
IMG-2072 (2).jpg
IMG_0231.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG
IMG_1344(Edited).jpg
IMG_0935.JPG

Last edited:
If I’m not smoking something, I am usually leaning on my workbench, gnawing on some jerky, trying to figure out how to do something. I haven riden motorcycles since 1971. When traveling for business, I would pass on the airplane ticket and ride. I got pretty good at thousand mile days. Now I am building one.

View attachment 490843
Almost every part is hand made with my welders, little lathe, and milling machine. As soon as I figure out the exhaust, it will be time to tear it down, finish welding, rebuild the engine, and paint.

I just finished this bracket for the tachometer.

View attachment 490844
View attachment 490845
View attachment 490846

That's Amazing to me!!
I never did any Metal Work---I've always been strictly Woodworking.
Beautiful !
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky