What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
lead painter in a local collision center. spent 27 out of 32 years of my working life here. it's a tremendous blessing to actually find the vocation/company that GOD has for you.

Relay tech for a Texas river authority. I build/maintain electrical substations, hydro and power plants.  When your power goes out I have programed the computers (relays) to do that during abnormal abnormal conditions like "shorts" or as we call them faults.  Also make sure the transformer and circuit breakers for a substaion are functioning correctly.  I started out being a transmission lineman. 

i drive a ready-mix concrete truck in the Chicago suburbs , havent done much of that in the last 2 years just hit and miss

hopefully thing pick up this next spring

i also drive truck part time for a major pro-audio company delivering audio equipment to venues all over the Chicago area or where ever they need me to go

I work for a company called wrapsol.  They make a poly film that cover you cell phone. Front, back and sides. we also offer this product for computers and ipads,ipods. 

I am only 24 so I have a lot of fun traveling the country. I know every one else I know says they hate it but i enjoy seeing new things. but the best part is i get weekends and all holidays off so i can smoke anything i want.

In my entire career Ive have never heard of such a horrific story. CPS is rarely anything like what you've described , usually nobody dies and there is no blood. Like the Police, paramedics, trash , water, CPS is, unfortunately, an essential service. What happens to the 2 yr old who is found wondering ,alone in the middle of a busy street. What do we do with the newborn who is abandoned by his teen Mother? What do we do with  children who are left behind when there is a drug bust and both their parents are incarcerated.? what about the drug adicted mother who is pimping out her 7 yr old daughter? Doesnt somebody need to stepin on behalf of these kids?Fewer resources make the Job tough, we rely on family to step up to the plate & take care of their own. The system is broke so nobody is gonna take you spoiled out-of-control teenager. The whole thrust has changed toward reunification, families helping themselves and CPS gets in and out very quickly,.

SO that's all for my soap box!

Ok, I need to do a revision to mine.  Earlier I had posted that I was a Realtor - key word now is WAS.

Wife and I accepted a job as on-site caretakers at a ultra-luxury 8 bedroom villa in the US Virgin Island of St. John back in early November. Been here since thanksgiving and am liking it.  Great weather, great view, diving when I want to, but it isnt all playtime.  Big villa and lots to do every day whether there are guests here or not.  Went way too long without the ability to smoke anything and now I'm back at it thanks to the A-Maze-N-Todd and his products.  I have really come to love this forum and the info freely given to and from it's members - thanks all!

Just to add that extra kick in the side - here are 2 shots of the villa.

9b75b7c8_PC247883.jpg

7cd5113b_PC237839.jpg

I vote the "All Forum Get Together" to be hosted by jjwdiver! I call dibs on a villa room! 
biggrin.gif

Nice looking place there JJ - beats the view out my window at work here in Oregon..... gray rainy days!

Ok, I need to do a revision to mine.  Earlier I had posted that I was a Realtor - key word now is WAS.

Wife and I accepted a job as on-site caretakers at a ultra-luxury 8 bedroom villa in the US Virgin Island of St. John back in early November. Been here since thanksgiving and am liking it.  Great weather, great view, diving when I want to, but it isnt all playtime.  Big villa and lots to do every day whether there are guests here or not.  Went way too long without the ability to smoke anything and now I'm back at it thanks to the A-Maze-N-Todd and his products.  I have really come to love this forum and the info freely given to and from it's members - thanks all!

Just to add that extra kick in the side - here are 2 shots of the villa.

9b75b7c8_PC247883.jpg

7cd5113b_PC237839.jpg

the past 12 years I have been the go to guy for electrical contractors. I supply all the material they need for their job.

I also am a meat processor with my own shop in N. AZ. - Browning's Custom Meat Processing. I am currently working on a web page and a smoker for next year. I have set up a Facebook account under the biz name and has pictures of my facility if anyone is interested in seeing it.

-Jeremy-

i sell parts for construction(Komatsu) and forestry(Valmet) equipment. been doing this for last 7 years. before that, i was an electrican for 4 years that wired fire and rescue equipment.

I worked for several major pharmaceutical companies as a packaging mechanic, a utilities maintenance technician and I am a welder and machinist.

I work as a support engineer for a small company building office phone systems, computer based. I have been in IT/Computer fields for several years and like this job the best due to being able to work from home. I'm just starting out smoking and already have a long list of toys to add to my collection. With any luck I'll soon be able to set and forget my smoker more then I do now and smoke on weekdays too :)

I transpoted mobile/modulor homes and sat them up for 20 some years,  had a lil antiqe store for 5 years    but now i just fuel trucks and inspect for damges for Sysco,,,,,been there bought 7 years (the way layoffs are goin dont now if ill make it 8yrs)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky