What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I retired from the navy after 22 years as a senior chief petty officer. Started a trucking cimpany and ran it for 10 years and then sold it. Go bored so now am driving local, mainly from wisconsin into chicago daily. None of the headaches of ownership.one of theses days I will decide what I want to be qhen I grow up....

Retired from Illinois Dept of Corrections December 2013.  Also retired from Army Reserves after 34 years.  Now I hang out in my workshop and build acoustic guitars and smoke meat.  Also like to make beer, duck hunt, play fiddle, scuba dive and cook.

Great forum guys.  Thanks for all that you do.

Chuck Hutchison

I am a Forensic Polygraphist, I do Polygraph~ Lie Detector testing. Gov't; Courts Attorney's, Therapist on and on.

Been doing that for 35+ years. Seen a lot heard more than I can believe or could talk about.

During that time, I keep saying in my head.

"What the Freak were you thinking when you did that".

I'm a parts guy at an International medium/heavy duty truck dealership.  We also do Bluebird buses, Caterpillar and Cummins on road engines.

Ex Newspaper and Wedding Photographer. Just fully retired this week from my last job which was Little League Photog. Now I will just do Landscapes and Scenics.........oh and BBQ. 
biggrin.gif

Ex Newspaper and Wedding Photographer. Just fully retired this week from my last job which was Little League Photog. Now I will just do Landscapes and Scenics.........oh and BBQ.  :biggrin:

I am a wedding and a bar mitzvah photographer also and I can't wait to retire !!!!

I am a wedding and a bar mitzvah photographer also and I can't wait to retire !!!!
Shot over 400 of them during my time in Orlando and that was part time while working at newspaper. No women back then shooting, or not many. With digital, they have saturated the market. No back round knowledge on how the camera works, it just does. I am amazed at some of the questions they query to me.  "What settings do you use for Sports shooting?"      All of them.
biggrin.gif

Worked in the Public Works Dept of two cities, then throughout my mid to late twenties traveled around the states seeing the country in my 86 Ford diesel, doing odd jobs, mostly in the south. Started a recycling business, was successful til 2008, biz bankrupt in 2010. Learned the basics of knifemaking and metallurgy from youtube and a local ABS Master Bladesmith, now make knives full time.

I am a Delta pilot and a Firefighter in my spare time...... I must say flying allows me to fly all over the world and eat BBQ in every part.... Yummmmm

Reactions: harleyman1956
I teach orchestra at a private classical school in Idaho, so I'm having none of that BBQ pork in an oil well casing. For me it's wild boar from the king's spear over the great hall hearth!

The boar's head in hand bring I Bedeck'd with bays and rosemary.

I am a Public School Music teacher.  Have taught Orchestra, Elementary Music, Chorus, and Music Appreciation.

I own a company (Manasquan River Brewing LLC) that handcrafts Mash Paddles and other brewing Implements for Home Brewers, and Custom work for Pro-Brewers. I've sold on ebay & Etsy for a number of years, recently switched over to all wholesale production for big E-tailers, Like MoreBeer! etc. It can get crazy especially, during the period leading up to the holidays, but it's a nice problem to have. I still make time to BBQ, and Brew for family!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky