What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Warehouse and logistics manager for a plumbing and heat supply house... Been there 6 yrs and before that installed boilers and furnaces

I am trained as an insurance professional with thirty-five years of experience.

My other duty is being a full-time PAPA to my wonderful grandchildren. Two

I raise and two we babysit. Always priceless moments with them each day.

I am a network engineer. However, on 4-20-14, I went through a liver transplant. My job "should be held, but if anyone is hiring, let me know.

Love Kansas City style bbq, not the sweet stuff. Just my opinion, not ring to start anything. I wanted to brew my own beer, but since the liver failure, alcohol is out. So I decided to hone my BBQ talent. I have been s judge in the American Royal contest, consider myself knowledgeable, but am still learning.

Turf Equipment Manager for a private golf course in Colorado, I have been in mechanics for about 15 years, from A-10s in the Air Force, to boats, snow cats, ski lifts, vehicles, heavy equipment, you name it, I have probably worked on it.

I'm curious to learn what y'all do to support this and your other hobbies.

(I did do a search for this topic, couldn't find any evidence that this subject has come up before; if it has point me in the right direction!)

Myself, I've worked for the same company for 27 years - a fossil fueled (coal) power generation station. Worked rotating shifts for most of those years as a control room operator. Last July I took the salaried position of Database Coordinator; straight days, weekends & holidays off.
I am a self employed electrical contractor.I specialize in historic (over 100 yr old) home renovations and standby generator installations.we hunt and fish a lot.you haven, t lived till you have tried my smoked duck and goose breasts.

I run a graphic design firm in Boston. We do web, motion graphics, 3d and print. Clients include Gillette, Hasbro, Cisco, CBS sports and more. Let me know if you ever need anything!!!

Dave

Wishing I had a cool job like some of you guys!  Ihave raised cattle, farmed,ect.

Currently restore antique and classic vehicles, do welding and light fab.

Wishing I had a cool job like some of you guys!  Ihave raised cattle, farmed,ect.

Currently restore antique and classic vehicles, do welding and light fab.
I remember those days when I was younger and couldnt wait to get off the ranch and do something exciting with my life.After all those years of doing exciting things I am back to Farming and Ranching and wondering why I ever left hahahahahaha

Installed high end security systems (biometrics, intrusion dopplers, microwaves, fiber...yada yada) for Homeland No Security, Government Agencies, Airports, Police....blah blah blah. I was in a motorcycle accident last year - the guy in the tank (1971 Pontiac) was texting and driving. Needless to say, he rear ended and ran me over while I was taking a nice quiet Sunday morning drive on my Harley Road King Classic. My girl (the bike) didn't make it and I was in the hospital for 2 months. I'm okay, still rehabbing - all metal in my arms and wrists, but still intact. I am out on SS disability now - so I guess that makes me retired (for now).

Last edited:
I worked for a large oil company and was the one whose phone rang in the middle of the night when all heck was breaking loose. Retired for 8 years.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky