What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Firefighter for 30+ years in the Boston area. Now living in Melbourne area of Florida.One of my hobbies is buying green coffee beans from all over the world and roasting them at home in my SR500 coffee roaster. Believe me when I tell ya,nuttin like fresh ground roasted coffee in the mornin. I will still keep that hobby and start smokin some briskets and the such.Should be getting my Big Chief smoker in a couple of days. Catcha all later.

Reactions: woodscomp
I'm a shoe lace retipper. I know you all have shoe laces with the tips peelling back, I'm your man for the job. Kidding though, Manufacturing Supervisor for a printing company. Been there 16 years.

I work for Frito Lay.  I am a receiver on third shift and have been there for 16 years.  Five previous years before that in Eagle Snacks in the same building.

Where can I learn about the coffee roasting ? Been wanting to try that. Any good ideas on where to get the beans? How about modestly priced equipment ?

Hey guys I'm having problems signing in properly. Don't know why. However I'm a retired NJ Stste Corrections Officer. I own a boat and love to salt water fish as well as BBQ.

Hey guys I'm having problems signing in properly. Don't know why. However I'm a retired NJ Stste Corrections Officer. I own a boat and love to salt water fish as well as BBQ.

I am an engineering teacher, was a head college football coach until November when I retired and started smoking.....good substitute

Well. let's see...today is Thursday so I'm a real estate appraiser. On Sundays & Wednesdays I'm a pastor and on Friday nights during football season I am the play by play announcer at a local radio station. Seems like with all that talent I could find a real job!
icon_biggrin.gif

I have been working as a chemical processor the last five years. The rotating shifts do not leave as much time as I would like for smoking. Also I have been spending countless hours building a food/catering truck.

Smoking is a great hobby for someone who is disabled, I have MS and can only walk a few yards at a time, I've built two Cold smokers , one for fish, salmon, haddock, trout and Cod as well as prawns. One for meats and anything else, cheese especially. I havn't tried "Hot smoking " yat but that is my next project.

I was an auto tech for over 20 years til my body started wearing out. I joined my wife in her real estate business a few years back. I enjoy being self employed. I get to pick which 70 hours I'm going to work a week, lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky