What's your occupation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Sticky' started by sisco, Dec 6, 2007.

1. I am a Engraver. I have rotary, laser and also do Embroidery. We work out of our home and our Motor home. We travel and do shows on the road and have a regular customer base we also service. I own the business and enjoy doing custom items.

2. scootermagoo

scootermagoo Smoking Fanatic

3. jarjarchef

jarjarchef Master of the Pit OTBS Member

4. Cable Technician for the last 7 years, and spent the last 13 years in the Telcom industry..........

5. I'm a Police Dispatcher for the county I live in NJ

6. jimdepo

jimdepo Fire Starter

Hi ya people. Jim depo here from The sunshine state on the east coast. Retired firefighter from the Boston area. Just retired again after 10 years of working at a local golf course. I know what you're thinkin.Poor me,huh? LOL I was gonna try smokin some meats and I'm more confused then ever. Some smokers say that theirs is fer smokin only and not fer cookin.So I'm assuming that if I wanted to do a brisket,for example, I would kinda have to pre-cook it first. I wanted to make some dry sausage too.I guess I could buy a smoker that not only cooks but can smoke meats too. I did some searching on the net and geez ,no help at all. I'm the type to look for an electrical unit that you can almost " set it and forget it." Every site that I went to had their own reason for which one was best. Not one agreed on the same unit as being the best.Guess you can't get a truthful answer from those sites.Well, thanks for listening to me gripe. I'll keep lookin at these smokin forums and try to come up with a half decent unit that won't break the bank.

7. s2k9k

s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

Hi Jim, I think you are being confused by "hot smoking" and "cold smoking". Hot smoking is just that, cooking, and cold smoking is usually used to just add smoke flavor to foods like cheese or certain cured sausages. 

I don't know about the rest of the net but you are in the right place now, everything you need to know is right here!

You can look through our "Electric Smokers" forum, there is a lot of good info and a good place to post any questions you have about them.

Also, I see this is your first post here, when you get a minute would you do us a favor and go to Roll Call and introduce yourself so we can get to know you and give you a proper welcome, also would you add your location to your profile, we like knowing where you are when we talk to you, Thanks!

8. timberjet

timberjet Master of the Pit

I own A window cleaning company and do carpentry, painting, drywall, concrete, roofing, and you name it. I also work part time as A librarian and caregiver. I framed houses until the crash A few years ago. Now I'm not too proud for any job. Whatever it takes right?

9. I'm retired. I did 20.5 yrs in the Navy (meteorology) followed by 21.5 years with the National Weather Service. Now I mess around with outdoor photography, lots of trout fishing, cooking indoor and out, hunting and watching NASCAR. 

pebbles likes this.
  10. scooby

scooby Fire Starter

I am jealous.  We go to the Smokies on a regular basis and the last two times we took a trip over to North Carolina and loved it there, too.  

11. Systems Engineer here. Some officiating and part time work at the local short track.

12. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

13. I have a cleaning business , so that keeps me busy

14. lakestral

lakestral Newbie

Currently I'm Contractor, a Diesel Mechanic mostly on US Army vehicles. I've been doing this on and off since 2003. I am not going to stay in this business much longer though. Me and my husband are looking at starting our own business. .

pebbles likes this.
  15. Now that sounds like fun!!![​IMG]

16. njfoses

njfoses Meat Mopper

Retail business manager for Cricket wireless.

17. Power and Utility Industrial electrician for 23 years.

18. I'm a health physicist for NASA. Basically I manage the radiation and laser safety programs for one of their R&D centers.[​IMG]

19. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Dang

What i would do for some space food sticks.

SHEEEESH IM OLD

20. I work as a manger of a Wal-Mart neighborhood in Tulsa. Not the most glamorous job in the world but getting a discount on all the stuff I need to smoke doesn't hurt.