WHATS YOUR "GO-TO" BURGER??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Publix bakery French burger bun with hangover the side, SP seasoned, kettle seared burger. Top it with cheddar, chili beef, shaved sweet onion, cole slaw and mustard. This burger is on my Daytona 500 food coma menu.

We do bun-less burgers pretty often. Trying to cut back on sugar and flour. The struggle is real........

We do bun-less burgers pretty often. Trying to cut back on sugar and flour. The struggle is real........
We have done bunless a few times. Stuffed burgers are the best ones when you skip the bun I think

I don't have a special just what ever may be on hand. But chef JJ would most likely say my black bear burgers.

Warren

OH HELL YEAH! Just S & P and Double Thick Cooper Sharp American Cheese. By far the most flavorful Burger I have ever had.
Usually we eat 80/20 seared Med/Rare, salt, pepper and MSG. Topped at a minimum with Cooper Sharp and Raw Sweet Onion. When in the mood, I add Roasted Green Chiles and Belly Bacon just shy of crispy. We can get good Ciabatta rolls locally but, my favorite Burger Rolls are Martin's Potato Rolls. The closest source is 1 1/2 hours away, so they are a treat...JJ

Reactions: fullborebbq
8jIDYSy.jpg

I like a good open face hamburger steak as well as I like a hamburger on a bun. The same toppings, just not all together.

Is the mustard/ketchup supposed to look like flames? That's awesome ;) Burger looks good too.

My simple goto are pre-formed cowboy burgers from BigY (grocery store in NE) with bacon and cheddar mixed in. Grilled medium at most, toasted butter and garlic bun, layer of the living hydroponic lettuce (whatever it's called) on bottom, of course more cheese melted on the burger (whatever cheese I feel like), then if available a nice slice of tomato, super thin slicked raw onion, slice of pickle. Little mayo, mustard and ketchup.

Optionally make the burger patties with bacon and cheese myself if time allows. The BigY burgers are very good, they make them fresh daily in season, but homemade is still better.

Big summer cook out with lots of time?: Stuffed beer can burgers. Might be the best burgers I've ever had.

Wow. I know what I'm fixing as soon as the pulled pork is gone from the fridge.

85/15 chuck. A splash of MSS. Hot, oiled pan over a charcoal fire with hickory chunks on the bottom. Nice crust with a hint of hickory, then personally I like brown mustard, BBQ sauce, white onion (or Vidalia's), bread and butter pickles, tomato slices, and one green leaf lettuce leaf (optional). Built on my homemade whole wheat honey buns. My wife uses ketchup instead of BBQ sauce. Neither one of us are big on cheeseburgers, but every once in a while, I'll slap on a thick slice of sharp cheddar or pepper jack.

Reactions: Sowsage
Wow. I know what I'm fixing as soon as the pulled pork is gone from the fridge.

85/15 chuck. A splash of MSS. Hot, oiled pan over a charcoal fire with hickory chunks on the bottom. Nice crust with a hint of hickory, then personally I like brown mustard, BBQ sauce, white onion (or Vidalia's), bread and butter pickles, tomato slices, and one green leaf lettuce leaf (optional). Built on my homemade whole wheat honey buns. My wife uses ketchup instead of BBQ sauce. Neither one of us are big on cheeseburgers, but every once in a while, I'll slap on a thick slice of sharp cheddar or pepper jack.
Damn! Thats sounding real good! Love bread and butter pickles! But if you like a little spice make yourself up a few jars of bread and butter jalapenos...man is that some good burger topper! Would love tobsee some pics of this burger when you decide to make one! Also the Vidalia onions are awesome..but have you ever tried a wala wala onion? They are sweet. I could eat them like an apple!

Every once in a while I see Walla Walla onions locally, but mostly Vidalias, which is kind of weird since the Walla Wallas are grown so much closer to NorCal. I suspect they are distributed to restaurants, not the grocery stores. Either that, or I'm shopping at the wrong stores.

My Go-To would have to be either a classic smashburger with mayo ketchup and pickle. Also ive been on a patty melt kick with swiss & american cheese, sauce on toasted sourdough. Winner Winner burger dinner!!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky