WHATS YOUR "GO-TO" BURGER??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Just curius what everyone's "go-to" burger is . for me I like all kinds of burgers...loaded up with toppings , cheese, stuffed burgers you name it I like it. But my "go-to" for a quick burger night at home is a pretty simple burger. ...onion bun , American cheese, and a little Dukes mayo. Thats it nothing else. Sometimes I just want to taste the burger by itself and I seem to go back to making them this way most of the time.. Beef to bun ratio has to be a lot of beef and a little bun lol. So here it is along with some cheese sticks.

Toasted onion bun, 1/4 lb. 85/15 Patty's in the cast iron , Dukes mayo and american cheese slices
0212202019.jpg
0212202106.jpg
0212202107.jpg

Assembled ...a double for me please!
0212202139.jpg

Cut in half with some store baught cheese sticks. I try and shoot for a medium temp on the burgers. These came out pretty good.
0212202145.jpg

So there it is. Thats my go-to burger. Easy simple and extra beefy. Would love to here what everyone's "go-to" burgers and toppings are. Thanks for taking a look

Nothing but Hipshot burgers at our house, I'm not allowed to run out. RAY

Reactions: Will Squared
8jIDYSy.jpg

I like a good open face hamburger steak as well as I like a hamburger on a bun. The same toppings, just not all together.

lKneXls.jpg

Next would have to be a sausage burger, something along the lines of a Farm sausage (not a breakfast sausage) just all pork with basic seasonings, salt, pepper, garlic and maybe one signature seasoning. These I do like on a bun with a coarse mustard.

I like a nice 80/20 burger made into 8oz patties. Coarse kosher salt and course pepper. Nice crunchy sear on outside and medium inside. Garlic butter toasted bun. Cheese(any kind) onion, pickle, tomato, ketchup and dukes. Nothing fancy for me

Nothing but Hipshot burgers at our house, I'm not allowed to run out. RAY

Those look fantastic RAY!

8jIDYSy.jpg

I like a good open face hamburger steak as well as I like a hamburger on a bun. The same toppings, just not all together.

lKneXls.jpg

Next would have to be a sausage burger, something along the lines of a Farm sausage (not a breakfast sausage) just all pork with basic seasonings, salt, pepper, garlic and maybe one signature seasoning. These I do like on a bun with a coarse mustard.
Looks great thirdeye! I too like a good sausage burger! There for a while thats all we were doing. They are so good!

I like a nice 80/20 burger made into 8oz patties. Coarse kosher salt and course pepper. Nice crunchy sear on outside and medium inside. Garlic butter toasted bun. Cheese(any kind) onion, pickle, tomato, ketchup and dukes. Nothing fancy for me
Sometimes simple is better. ..garlic butter toasted bun! Yea thats sounds awesome!

I use what I normally have on hand for burgers. Here’s a common one for me.

Burger with crumbled queso fresco, roasted chile, pickled onions and lettuce. Not pictured behind the lettuce is mayo mixed with scotch bonnet hot sauce.
C84EF36A-6546-4530-977B-5F881CE8F661.jpeg

Ordering out, I tend to gravitate towards patty melts.

Burger with crumbled queso fresco, roasted chile, pickled onions and lettuce. Not pictured behind the lettuce is mayo mixed with scotch bonnet hot sauce.
View attachment 432166

Man that looks good xray! Im digging those veggies on the side to!

I have to do the egg on top next time I do smash burgers...everything would fit nice on the griddle at the same time...oh with bacon as well.

Just curius what everyone's "go-to" burger is . for me I like all kinds of burgers...loaded up with toppings , cheese, stuffed burgers you name it I like it. But my "go-to" for a quick burger night at home is a pretty simple burger. ...onion bun , American cheese, and a little Dukes mayo. Thats it nothing else. Sometimes I just want to taste the burger by itself and I seem to go back to making them this way most of the time.. Beef to bun ratio has to be a lot of beef and a little bun lol. So here it is along with some cheese sticks.

Toasted onion bun, 1/4 lb. 85/15 Patty's in the cast iron , Dukes mayo and american cheese slicesView attachment 432161View attachment 432162View attachment 432163

Assembled ...a double for me please!View attachment 432164

Cut in half with some store baught cheese sticks. I try and shoot for a medium temp on the burgers. These came out pretty good.View attachment 432165

So there it is. Thats my go-to burger. Easy simple and extra beefy. Would love to here what everyone's "go-to" burgers and toppings are. Thanks for taking a look
I’ve not developed a go-to burger myself but I have to say yours look as good as any I’ve ever seen. Nice!

80/20 with all the fixin's sauted mushrooms and onions, cheese (about any kind) pickles, tomato, lettuce, bacon

Gary

I don't even bother at home.Go to local eatery called Pour Judgement,best burger on the island.
Unfortunately for us there are no good local burger places close to us. We will sometimes go to a Red Robin ( I love that place) but its a good hour away.

View attachment 432166

That veggie mix looks great. Perfect amount of char.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky