Whats Your Comfort Food

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've never really understood the term, but if you're talking about a nasty, fire in the fireplace kind of day, anything that cooks in the oven or cooks on the stovetop
for hours and makes the house smell good. Chili, Ham and Beans or Chuck Roast all fit the bill. The temperatures are dropping like a stone here and it snowed 3" day before yesterday. I did a Chuckie in the Dutch Oven yesterday and it's comforting to know I don't have to cook today because there are plenty of leftovers :emoji_relieved:

so far all of the above and probably most of those yet to come after i post mine!

will add, mashed potatoes and gravy with any kind of roasted meat, beef, chicken or pork. mac and cheese, swiss steak, soup or stews with a sandwich , and yes, to me, pizza is a comfort food.

Tater Tot Hot Dish There's usually one in the freezer for comfort emergencies

Lightly browned burger & onions mixed with a can of Campbells cream of mushroom soup and a can of Campbells cream of celery. Spread the mix in a square pan and cover it with tater tots. Heat it up till it's hot and the tater tots brown.

Last edited:
This is what Teri and I like when the first cold snap arrives
You’ll need a loaf of French Bread to go with it !

Pizza!
DSCN4197.JPG

Cold, rainy, and just plain nasty today. got a batch of beef stew in the Crock Pot that I started early this morning. House smells great again and really looking forward to dinner. Will serve with some cheese and garlic Texas toast.
anything that cooks in the oven or cooks on the stovetop
for hours and makes the house smell good.
I'll second that motion!!
I did a Chuckie in the Dutch Oven yesterday
I did one just over a week ago. two days in the slow cooker and it was amazing. Also, made thehouse smell great for two days.
That's not just a pizza. that's enough to feed a small country. I remember that pizza and the thing must have weighed in around 150 pounds or so :emoji_laughing: I'd sure eat my share though given the opportunity.

Robert

A good hearty beef stew, or a homemade multi-layer lasagna. The kind of food that tastes better the next day.

Chris
The only way this and many other meals mentioned are better is with fresh baked bread or rolls.

Homemade Chicken and Noodles over Mashed Potatoes
Kind of the same lines...but was told grandma used to make something similar to this every Sunday...pretty sure hers was fried chicken where this is baked with egg noodles and gravy over mashed taters with some sweet corn we froze from the summer.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky