What's up with pic posting?!?!?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

radio

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
S.W. Mo
Tried to post a pic and now I get a message that I must agree to the terms of service and that I have rights to the image being posted and that it does not violate the TOS.  What the.....?????????

Tried to post a pic and now I get a message that I must agree to the terms of service and that I have rights to the image being posted and that it does not violate the TOS.  What the.....?????????
That is to protect site owners from copyright infringement lawsuits..

All it means is that if you lifted a picture from the internet and it's not yours, you should ask permission before you use it. If the picture is yours, is royalty free or or you have permission to use it, no problem.

Sites that do not ask this question or at least have a checkbox to be ticked, are asking for future problems.

None of us like it.. but there's not much getting around it.

Last edited:
Thanks.  I kinda figured as much, but it kinda blindsided me.  Just this morning I posted a pic the old fashioned way, then a bit a bit later got the whammy.

Do all pics show up as a link now rather than an image like they used to?  Tried and tried to get the actual pic to preview, but no joy
th_crybaby2.gif

Twords the bottom of the main page I found a test place.  So since I had some time today I tried to test different methods of loading pics and stuff.  The best method I found is just plain ole colpy and paste.  links either don't work or get flagged with a YOU CANT DO THAT here flag  The insert video icon works for youtube videos, but the image thingy is kinda particular.
008.jpg

To post that pic I went to our blog right clicked hit copy then came here and clicked paste.  I ws thrilled to find this cause now I can post from work when I don't have my pictures handy.
biggrin.gif

I  just checked and it seems to be showing up in the post for me regardless of whether I upload or link the picture.

Make sure you are using the "Insert Image" picture icon in the toolbar at the top of the reply box to add an image.. use "Upload" to upload an image from your computer. Use "..an image URL" to link to an image and have it show up in the post.

Let me know if you have further problems with this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky