What's the Perfect Rub Shaker Hole Size

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kfons

Original poster
Aug 18, 2013
Windsor, WI
I'm going to drill some holes in a spare lid or tow for my ball jar rub storage and shakers.  In my short time here I have learned there are lots of great opinions on the best way to do things. So, my questions are:

What is the perfect size hole for a rub shaker lid?  

- And -

Is there a ideal hole pattern?

I'm sure you guys have the answer!

I like "coarse grind" black pepper.....   a lot....   I drill 1/8" holes in the top so it doesn't take 5 minutes to pepper stuff, or I take the lid off.....  

Drill the holes larger than the biggest grind of spice you use, or the holes will plug....   Dave

I agree with Dave about going big to avoid clogging.I use those shakers you'd find at a pizza joint that has the parmagian cheese and pepper flakes. Not sure what that diameter is, but might be a good template guide for what you're trying to do.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky