Options , Teres Major on the 26" Kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So that's where that wonderful smell was coming from! 😆

Congrats on the carousel ride, very deserving.

Mesquite smoke in the air at old 79 and main street .

Kim I've been cooking on kettles a long time . Thanks for the comments .

Far along ? I'm 62 .
My orthopedic guy tells me I look 55 on the outside , but I'm way over 100 on the inside .
So , yup . I'm far along . Lol .
Rich, I think she was giving you a compliment... not far along as in old... far along as she's fairly new, and you explaining your methods helps newbies learn. I know you've taught me a thing or two.

Ryan

Incredible, classic cook done to perfection! Outstanding work all around, congrats on a well deserved ride!

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks great Rich! Great steps as said above. Love the idea of doing the taters on the coals. Congrats on the ride. The color on the meat is excellent. Great work.

Great looking meal Rich. Great job. I have never heard of Teres Major before. I had to do a search to find out what it is. After reading about it, now I have to find it and try it.

Rob

Looking good Rich! I enjoy mesquite at times on beef or chicken. I like it moderately mixed with milder woods.

Spectacular cook. And the story.
I want some of that stuff.
Thanks !
Your well versed in all things beef . You ever use this cut ?
Looks great Rich!
Thanks Mike .
Love the idea of doing the taters on the coals.
You got to try it . Olive oil and kosher salt on the outside . Don't be shy with it .
What a great meal Rich!
Thank you Brian .
I hear you on choices. I have many also. I really need to put the WSM back to work. Been a while.
Yup I been eyeing my 14 " WSM . Darn pellet grill makes it all so easy .

Reactions: MJB05615
Great looking meal
Thanks Rob . Appreciate that .
I have never heard of Teres Major before. I had to do a search to find out what it is. After reading about it, now I have to find it and try it.
It's great for a lot of things . Perfect in stir fry . It completely tender even cooked at higher temps .
Looking good Rich!
Thanks Jeff .
I enjoy mesquite at times on beef or chicken. I like it moderately mixed with milder woods.
I use if pretty strong on beef . I always have a hunk in the mix with other cooks . Even if it's just chips .

yeah. that. not commenting on your age! I am 63, so...
We all started out as a newbie at some point or other! And you're right... the detailed threads really help the newer members. I really learned alot here about cooking with charcoal.

Ryan

Awesome looking meal!

Still laughing about Lottie "assuming the grilling position"...my sons lab does the same when we watch it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky