• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What's on sale this week

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
If it makes you feel any better Tommy, when I got there the butts and country style ribs looked like crap. :cry: No wonder they were selling for .99 per # :evil:

I wound up buying 3 racks of baby backs for $3.99 per pound. Just finished feeding everyone and shipping them home with leftovers.

tommy c

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 23, 2006
:D :D :D :D I think I'm gettin' my appetite back! No smokin' tonight though. Tonight it's fillet mignon on the webber, and broiled lobster with clarified butter 8) oh... and a big squeeze of lemon.

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Tommy, what are you currently paying for lobster? we are at $5.99/lb
Cheers!

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
You're killing me Tommy with that Lobster :x . I love me some lobster :D

tommy c

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 23, 2006
Sorry Cajun :oops: Wipe off your monitor and keyboard before you electricute yer self :lol:
Monty, Monty, Monty :roll: I was just starting to feel good again and now you want to compare lobster prices from wisconsin to the east coast :?
I just payed $48 fer a 1# tail.
When I lived in Saratoga Springs N.Y. many years ago....there was a restuarant down the street from the race track that had whole lobster for $3.99 and served it on paper plates with plastic forks :lol:

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
$48 for a 1# tail? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Certainly counting my blessings now! I had no idea how expensive fresh lobster is out your way! And trust me to say I did not intend to rub it in your face! I am truly shocked! :shock:

Whew! Well enjoy. What can I say? If you ever get out this way I will stuff you with lobster to the point that you won't want it again....for at least two weeks!

Cheers!

tommy c

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 23, 2006
You've got a deal :D I failed to mention, the tails are austrailian. So ya got figure in the truckin' :lol: :lol: :lol:

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Geez, Tommy! I drive some pretty impressive trucks and there are none that I know of can handle a load from Australia! Don't know of any that float! But the offer stands!
Cheers!

larry maddock

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 27, 2005
yo tommy and monty dudes,
if trucking and shipping has so much to do with it,
then cheese must be 99 cents a lb in tommys world...

i think most hogs are butchered in iowa ----
thats only a couple to 3 hundred miles from him....
about the same as me.

i know about supply and demand---they must use all of
it for johnsonville sausage in sheyboygan.

to be fresh lobster tails from australia---
they must have jetted them in---
and expressed them thru homeland security..

i guess im lucky.

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Yo, Larry!

Dunno what to say or how to 'splain it!

Gotta be a plot in the somewhere!

But, all kidding aside, I think that the market will charge what the traffic will bear! And speaking of traffic...what would happen if nobody filled up for two days?

Good to hear from you, Brother!
Keep on keepin' on!
Cheers!

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2006
I stopped at samâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s today, snoopinâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] around, picked up some ribs for dinner, and saw some flats, whatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a good price for brisket?

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2006
I also was looking for a chunk of salmon to smoke…look what I found!

Copper River Sockeye-blood red and awesome! And on sale! This salmon is only available 2-3 weeks a year in very limited quantities! Harvest is very closely monitored. The natives get so much and consumers are allowed a predetermined amount! Trouble is, now I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know if I want to smoke it and alter it to that degree…but I bet it would make some unbelievable smoked salmon. I know I hardly season it when I grill it! Hmmmmmmm…decisions, decisions

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
Hey Smoke,

That looks like a pretty good price on the brisket if it is a flat. Looks like a flat. Salmon looks good also 8)

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2006
Thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s what the butcher said. And Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve known him for a long time!
And yeah, that Copper River is usually $17 a lb.!
I may have to go back and get more…put my Foodsaver™ to work!

joed617

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 13, 2006
Just got back from shopping, I got a whole packer brisket for 2.29 a lb. <about 10lbs> I also got a 6 lbs of pork belly at 2.50 a lb. and seen pork soulders at .99 per lb. ..

Tommy that is one expensive piece of tale I'll tell ya.

Joe

joed617

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 13, 2006
Rodger . how did you guess? Laughing. I'm going to break down and get a meat slicer .. I use to have one .. the ex got that too ..

Joe

larry maddock

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 27, 2005
yo up in smoke dude --
a four lb flat would be good at $2.50 a lb

i guess they keep the prices high in the mid-west.

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
Checked the price on frozen lobster tails at Sam's here in Louisiana this morning. $25.76 per # :shock: . Guess I'll be sticking with the mudbugs. 8)

joed617

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 13, 2006
Rodger, WOW that is expensive. I use to work on the lobster boats in maine <this is going back 20 years or so and lobster off the boat was 1.65 per lb . .... you must be talking frozen lobster tails.

Joe

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.