Whats everyone's Christmas meal plans?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nothing special here. Hired a company to make us a big ass charcuterie board. Emily’s making gourmet hot chocolate and we gonna make some s’mores……….and lots of bourbon. Merry Christmas everyone

Sounds great Jake. Merry Christmas to you and your family

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Hit the wrong key
Planned to smoke a 3# butt today, but came down with the flu last night.
I had the flu 2 weeks ago then struggled thru last week. Wound up back at the doc-in-box(Urgent Care) yesterday morning with pneumonia. Been a struggle to motor from the bed to the recliner so no cooking or festivities here until next weekend. ...

Keith
Wishing you the best on recovery.
I'm fairing much better than 8 years ago when I had the flu and then a month later pneumonia.

Last edited:
Nothing special here. Hired a company to make us a big ass charcuterie board. Emily’s making gourmet hot chocolate and we gonna make some s’mores……….and lots of bourbon. Merry Christmas everyone
You had me at smores and bourbon!....

I'm actually less than an hour away from Madisonville, so we're going with a Benton's country ham, and a prime rib this year.

I went with non traditional but what I felt like eating. A Christmas Fajita burrito. At least I dressed it up like a Christmas tree. :emoji_wink:

2023_christmas_fajitas.jpg

Matt , that char on the beef is perfect ! What a great meal .
Thanks Rich! These were 1.5" rib-eyes, SPG then lightly brushed with Italian dressing while grilled. Flavor was superb. Tails from a shipper out east, grilled for 6-7 minutes. Wine was kick-ass too :emoji_wink:

Had our big family meal Saturday. Today was just a lounging hanging at the house day. Made a. Breakfast casserole and pancake muffins. Some with fruity pepples, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and some with chocolate chips. Should give us snacks to get us through the day.
IMG_1545.jpeg

IMG_1546.jpeg
Hope y’all are having a great day!

Jim

So, because every Christmas he tried (and most times, failed) to make Yorkshire Pudding, I built a menu around trying (and hopefully not failing) to do it myself. So, it's smoked Prime Rib with Yorkshire Pudding (with Stove Top as a backup), roasted brussel sprouts, hericot verts and mushroom gravy.
So, I was successful with the Yorkshire Pudding, and the smoked Prime Rib (steady at 250 for a little over 3 hours) turned out great. Skipped the roasted burssel sprouts, because my wife wasn't in the mood. Everything tasted amazing though!
20231225_143938.jpg

So, I was successful with the Yorkshire Pudding, and the smoked Prime Rib (steady at 250 for a little over 3 hours) turned out great. Skipped the roasted burssel sprouts, because my wife wasn't in the mood. Everything tasted amazing though!
View attachment 684315
And I am making Yorkshires to go along with my 18 hour brisket and orange glazed carrots and gnocchi.

Years ago Diners Drive-ins and Dives did an episode in my town at Tomahawk Restaurant (North Vancouver, BC) he declared they made the best Yorkshire puddings, I found the clip years ago and it has been my goto recipe. Here is the clip for your enjoyment.

Cheers

Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope you all received what ever you were hoping for .

We had a busy 2 days getting everything done for Christmas supper
Our quite day of just 3 turned into a very nice meal for 10 At least we had a couple days notice.
Only a couple shots as the servant was busy keeping an eye on the oven, stove and the BBQ as a second oven, lol

DSC_9097.JPG

DSC_9099.JPG

All was good and every one was happy , 15 pound turkey , 8 pound ham and all the fixins.
And Mona made sure everyone went home with a big doggy bag , And we still have lots left over for many turkey and stuffing sandwiches

Merry merry everyone

David and Mona

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Woke up sick on Christmas eve but I got my brisket smoked for Christmas dinner. Did the long hold in the turkey roaster.

Attachments

• IMG_3264.jpeg
    IMG_3264.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 9
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky