What's everybody smokin' this weekend?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

s2k9k

AMNPS Test Group
Original poster
Sep 8, 2011
SEUSA
I was planning on doing a packer I bought last weekend but being a newbie and my first packer I haven't had time to do enough research this week so I'm going to hold off, anyway it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow. i might just do some injected buffalo wings, my freezer is running low on them.

Everybody tell me what you are doing so I can get more ideas for the future.

Amigo!

I was blown away by Mossy'Mo's chicken cordon bleu posted 2-5. Bought some plump breasts (chicken) and some ham & swiss. Maybe a fattie and of course wings & ABT's. (If we start up the smoker we have these for sure)

Mossy Mo'slink:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...ked-potato-and-asparagus-spears-off-the-yoder

Going to try smoking the corned beef brisket on St Patty's day weekend. (Great recipe on here, cannot remember who had it)

Happy smoking!

That's the first I've heard of brining poultry for that long, what does it do to it to do it that long? I just did a pastrami so I understand the curing, but I've also done turkeys but only brined them for 24 hours.

Well I asked for ideas for the future and I just found one, Thanks ChickenMan!

I am not smoking a thing this weekend.  I am going to go help a buddy out this weekend instead of smoking. My buddy has family that lives outside of Branson Mo, and were hit by a twister on Wednesday, the family members are all fine, there is just extensive damage to buildings. We are going down to help with the clean up of there property, and assess what to do with the buildings that are damaged. We will have smoky goodness to eat as I am cleaning out the freezer and taking it with me.

I'm happy that everyone is OK, I read that 6 people died in twisters today, been some bad weather this week. I think it's awesome that you are taking time out of your life to go help someone that is in much need of it. Stay safe out there.

Good on you, Sprky! I saw what was left of Branson on the news last night. Those folks need all the help they can get.

Myself, it's raining. But I might try a breakfast fattie anyway.

sprky- good to hear everyone is ok down there.

For this weekend I got chicken soaking in buttermilk tonight, doing an experiment on smoked/fried "smied" chicken. Seen a thread on here the other night on it but didn't have any directions so I'm winging it and will do a write up and q-view after everything is done.

I am not smoking a thing this weekend.  I am going to go help a buddy out this weekend instead of smoking. My buddy has family that lives outside of Branson Mo, and were hit by a twister on Wednesday, the family members are all fine, there is just extensive damage to buildings. We are going down to help with the clean up of there property, and assess what to do with the buildings that are damaged. We will have smoky goodness to eat as I am cleaning out the freezer and taking it with me.

Hey Sparky, I am glad everyone is OK. I live about 30 miles south of Branson, in Arkansas and it was a scary night.

Thoughts and prayer go out to all affected.

Al (PaPaGrizz)

Oh ya,

Going to smoke some stuffed, bacon wrapped chicken boobs using a combination of receipts from you fine folks on this forum.

Another old thread that needs revived,

I'm thinking brisket, maybe point maybe whole, I'll have to see what the wife will bring home ( she works at a butcher shop)

I built a smoke generator and i've only used it once. Gotta keep trying!

What's everybody else doing?

Just got back from Gander Mountain with my new stuffer. I'm going to do a 20# batch of cheddar hot stix. Last batch turned out awesome, just got tired of stuffing through the meat grinder( took way too long). Smoke em if ya got em everyone!

Just got back from Gander Mountain with my new stuffer. I'm going to do a 20# batch of cheddar hot stix. Last batch turned out awesome, just got tired of stuffing through the meat grinder( took way too long). Smoke em if ya got em everyone!
Just noticed your hometown: I owna winona canoe! just sayin,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky