Costco South Austin Alert / Primal Plate Ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chasdev

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 18, 2020
I was stunned to find primal ribs at my Costco two days ago, and bought a pack with two racks, planning to cook them tomorrow.
Just finished trimming and coating with salt and pepper when the thought struck me that I had never seen them for sale before EVER.
Around here the BBQ joints do not allow civilians to posses them in a natural raw state, so I asked the boss if we should dash back over and see if they still had some as my freezer was almost begging me for four more packs.
As you can see, we scored!
There was a guy taking pictures of a pack so I slid right up beside him and took the last four out of five packs they had out.
Something here about snoozing and what was that again?
Anyway the deep freeze is happy happy.
IMG_1411.jpg
IMG_1412.jpg
IMG_1413(1).jpg
IMG_1414.jpg
IMG_1415.jpg
IMG_1416.jpg
IMG_1418.jpg
IMG_1417.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice score! I have found that often stores put out the kalbi and cross cuts but if you ask many stores will have the whole plates in the back. You can usually get them less per lbs than the cut meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky