What your favorite hot sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Its a no brainer for me.

IMG_0491.JPG

I got hooked on gringo when drove my daughter thru Fresno, Calif 6 years ago.
Chronic Tacos

For adding Heat to cooking with very little tang, or thinning for a HOT Sauce with a little bit of sweet and a TON of Umami. Gochujang is Great. It lasts a year sealed in your refer, and you chose the heat, mild, medium, hot or extra hot, depending on which one you purchase. ..JJ

View attachment 475575
My buddy is replenishing our supply today, he's at Restaurant Depot.

Probably doesn't qualify as a hot sauce, but I've been using this on almost everything since I found it about a year ago...
bbq.jpg

I recently discovered La Perrona chiltepin in a Mexican market and I was just blown away. It's flavorful and about jalapeño spicy. Good flavor, not too vinegary - just a good pepper flavor.
Screenshot_20201216-204234.png

Reactions: tallbm and jcam222
I appreciate most hot sauces and will try a few here that I've not tried but hard to really improve upon Tabasco. I think it's the natural ferment/lactic bite for me.

I recently discovered La Perrona chiltepin in a Mexican market and I was just blown away. It's flavorful and about jalapeño spicy. Good flavor, not too vinegary - just a good pepper flavor.
View attachment 475608

I LOVE ChilTepins! Those little suckers are hot but man the flavor is amazing! Their bigger brother Pequins are also amazing with flavor. I make Peri Peri sauce with Chiltepins.

chef jimmyj chef jimmyj you have all the right tastes in the variety of sauces! That red pepper paste is amazing and not an item I would expect many use haha.

As for me, I am a lover of Cholula but don't buy it too often, it is made with Pequin peppers which makes it so good.

!!!!Attention all people who are against too much vinegar in hot sauces.
I stumbled across this hot marked down at the grocery store and I was like "ok i'll give it a shot it's always around".
WOW I was so pleasantly surprised! Its flavor is soo good and it's hot sauce but something was noticeably different. I checked the label and... NO VINEGAR!?!?!?? I had never seen that with a hot sauce before and man this stuff was great!
1608222370645.png
tapatio-hot-sauce-bottle-and-ingredients.jpg

They make it in bigger bottles and it seems to be very readily available here in Texas.
So if you see it and you are a person that may be vinegar sensitive or just opposed to most vinegar things then this hot sauce will likely be a pleasant surprise for ya :)

In no particular order.
Tapatio, Cholula, Tabasco Chipotle, Huy Fong Chili Garlic, Valentina's, Frank's, Louisiana Brand, Dat'l Do-it sauce,
several of the Trappey's sauces including their pepper sauce for greens and peas. There's likely more but ole timer's has run out of names. However nothing really hot anymore.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky