What would you like to find in a local store?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

azkitch

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Phoenix, AZ 85053
I'm wondering what you cooks across the country would like to be able to buy in a local store...be it sauces, rubs, utensils or other accessories. I live in Phoenix, but if I want products more esoteric than Shilling/McCormick or Sweet Baby Ray's or Stubbs, I have to drive 30 miles one way to get 'em. Basically the same thing goes for charcoal more exotic than BlueK or Best of the West.

Same here. I have to drive about 35 miles to get to a store that sells some of the food items I want. Some examples are creme fraiche, clarified butter, prime cuts of meat (heck choice cuts for that matter) heirloom tomatoes, fresh herbs, I could go on. I order a whole bunch of stuff online especially from King Arthur Flour and Amazon. I love fleur de sel as a finishing salt and just ordered some. I realize I am a spoiled little foodie brat, but I don't get into clothes, jewelry or makeup and I only own 4 pairs of shoes (hiking boots, cowboy boots, running shoes and 1 pair of black heels) and I couldn't tell you the last clothing item I bought, oh wait, I recently bought a sports bra. Gotta keep the girls happy.   Plus by ordering so much stuff online means I get to see a certain delivery guy on a regular basis.
icon_lol.gif

Last edited:
Sure wish I had that problem!   I don't have that far to drive, but when I get to the other Island, i find they have a terrible selection. In fact, I have yet to find what i would classify as a regular size Pork Butt.  Next step is setting up an account with a meat importer, which wont be a cheap alternative.  This Island has 1 gas station - St. Thomas has many more but still not a great selection of anything.  Shipping is my only alternative to getting what i want.

I live in a small central Florida town. We have to drive at least 1 hour for just about anything not mainstream. That includes good cuts of meat at a decent price.

I would be Sooooo..... happy
icon_mrgreen.gif
 if I could find Briskets and Ribs for .99/lb. all the time,standard price, with sales once in a while
eek.gif

I got all the other stuff I need,just can't find that "good" deal, ya know what I mean?
icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, anyhow whatever you got ,or can get, remember to......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky