What to do with Jimmy Dean pork sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

callmetut

Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
SW Misery (Missouri)
I see al lot of people smoking Jimmy Dean rolls of sausage rolls, I guess your all just sticking them on the smoker (I have a MES 40) and letting them go till 165 inside temp.

What do you do with these afterwards? slice and fry for breakfast or slice and eat like summer sausage?

Tut

Eat it!  Better yet make your own.  You can control the ingredients and slant the taste to your own palate that way.

If you get started in that direction, be prepared for your toy budget to rise, tho.  LOL

Good luck and good smoking.

X 4 on the fattie, or you can just smoke it as a log w/rub and slice it to serve.

I also agree on the make your own, homemade snausage is easy and delicious. You can even make it using ground pork from your friendly local butcher.

You lust can't beat smoked JD sausage any way you do it. Unless you made the sausage yourself!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky