What to do with a bunch of metal?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
Sorry this started out as a different post. Then I edited it so mods could delete and now I'm changing it again. I figured out my smoker build and when I'm done I'll have a bunch of metal left over. Will be 4.5 55 gallon drums (the half drum was from making a grill/fire pit for a redneck themed backyard bbq party), 7 expired grill propane tanks and a bunch of other random metal: couple old server racks, bunch of bed frames, super thin gauge metal from Ikea/cheap furniture, couple old file cabinets (one fire rated file cabinet) about 20 metal folding chairs... bunch of grills, 5 or 6 old hand trucks --just a random pile of halfway decent weldable metal (except the bed frames, that's spring steel and sucks to weld).

Anyone have ideas/suggestions? Would be a shame to put all that out on the street for the scrappers to scoop up.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky