• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What the?

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
So, my wife brought home some smoked Hungarian sausage from our vacation. I have no idea how to use it for a meal. Any ideas friends?

Inscrutable

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2019
I have no actual experience, but when I hear ‘Hungarian’ I think ‘goulash’ ... and gypsies, but that’s another dream/story :emoji_blush:

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Yup. All the searches I do leads to goulash. Not a bad thing. Looks like I paid 13.00 for 4 links. So I'm hoping for the best bang for the buck.

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Yep, I vote goulash! Last time I made it I wanted it thick, so I could eat it with a fork...my wife nicknamed it slump, but it was perfect!

Ryan

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Thanks for the inspiration! Haven't made Goulash in forever. That's about to change.

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2020
We fry potatoes onion garlic salt with sliced up sausage. Then at the end we pour in beaten eggs (3-4) let that cook flip then finish with shredded cheese cover to melt then serve.

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
How big are the links? If you don't need all of them for your main dish you should keep one out and experiment with it just to see what kind of flavor it has by itself.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.