What the heck is a Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A fatty is a roll of breakfast sauage. Remove the wrapper, rub is optional, throw it in the smoker for about 3 hours or until 165* on a meat thermometer. Slice and eat. God, now I'm hungry. Fatty and biscuits. Mmmmmm.

bill

fattys are awesome and so are skinnys fattys are the jimmy dean sausage skinnys are the pork link sausage wrapped in bacon and put in the smoker till done i allways have a few of each in the smoker along with a few abt's and kick ass beans now i am hungry also better go fire the smoker up you take care
salmonclubber

0062.jpg
0064.jpg

Everyone did a good job of explaining what a fatty (& skinny) is but I can't help posting pictures :lol:

Try basting the fatties with maple syrup.It's really good.Also,you might want to try smoking the turkey sausage that comes in rolls.
Bill

Bill, the grates leave creases on the bottom side of the sausage. I don't normally use foil, but this particular time I was testing to see if it would prevent the creases.

I found that if you turn the fatty 90* from the one in the picture, the creases make a good mark for slicing.
wink.gif

<I found that if you turn the fatty 90* from the one in the picture, the creases make a good mark for slicing. >

Thanks for the tip, I'm smoking tomorrow and I'll give it a try.
Bill

I was at the local market this weekend and came accross as 5 lb chub of "store brand" sausage. The thought that galloped through my mind was "Alright-A SuperFattie!!" :shock: 8) Guess I'll have to give a big'un a try this weekend!

yo preston dude,
my honey demands a fatty --at least every two weeks.

i rarely get a bite.
she likes the store bought honey maple flavored.

i will be grinding and makeing my own soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky