What the heck is a beef roll???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

doug123

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 14, 2006
Pittsburgh
I was at Sam's Club tonight. While looking through the meat section, I saw something called beef roll (I think?). It was "something" roll.

It was big, like 18 or 20 pounds, and the whole thing was around $30 so I guess it didn't cost a whole lot by the pound.

I couldn't get over how big it was. Looked like I could have picked one up and knocked someone down with it :D

Anyone know what they are or what you would use it for?

Thanks

I don't know Doug, but if it weighs 20 lbs and costs 30 dollars I probably would throw it's a$$ in my smoker :D

yo y'all,
my butcher guru Dutch will be along shortly to
answer this question.

hes probably tired and napping from giving the boot to
the so called dream girl yesterday.

go dutch go!

aint this place great!!!

Could be that a beef roll is a processed beef like substance shaped into a roll. I would put this in the same catagory of velveta a cheese like substance that is made from Ummmm Ummmm I have no idea what it's made of ..

Joe

It wasn't any kind of a roll or processed in a tube form or anything. It was a cut right off the cow. Looked like a giant brisket or sirloin tip roast or something like that.

I never saw one there before, I'm going to have to see if they are there again next time I go.

The first thing I thought was, "I'd like to smoke that sucker", but I haven't tried to smoke anything over 5 or 6 pounds yet. :D

I'll ask one of the butchers there next time I go, if they have them, and report back.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky