what temps are you guys seeing across your smokers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

prkchp2012

Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
Warren, Arkansas
I was just curious what you guys see from one end of your reverse flow smoker to the other?   I'm seeing about a 30 degree difference.  Is this normal?

Thanks guys.

I'm not getting any differences that i can't deal with, but i was just wondering how normal this is.  Thanks for the replies.

15 to 20 degrees in the center of the grate, at the doors where my dial therms are, dead on the money.  When my door therms are at 200, I'm sitting at 250 dead center bottom grate, far left side away from the firebox, I'll be 240, far right side, nearest firebox, 260.  So I usually put my brisket and butts in the center and ribs on the left, while yardbird smokes on the firebox end.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky