• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What size Masterbuilt Smoker?

jeremyd

Joined Jul 5, 2013
There is a "30 I can get off of Facebook for $125. If doing each individual batches, any idea how many pounds of Sausage /Jerky/Snack sticks I could smoke at a time in that?

Braz

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 25, 2017
Have no idea how many pounds you can get in it, but I have a 40" and I can't imagine I'd be happy with anything smaller.

PAS

Meat Mopper
Joined Feb 7, 2018
I have a 30" and wish I bought a 40 instead. Not so much the size but the 40's have a higher wattage element that would recover faster after door is opened, and when first loaded and things like that!

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Have no idea how many pounds you can get in it, but I have a 40" and I can't imagine I'd be happy with anything smaller.
Me too.

oberst

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 8, 2015
I have a 30 and can do a batch of 6.5 pound snack sticks with some room left. There are 4 racks, and I can get 3 mallards on a rack. I think with bigger chubs, like summer sausage, you could do 10 pounds no problem. I have used mine for several years now and am satisfied with it. Most of my batches are 5 to 6 pounds. I definitely recommend an AMPS smoke generator though to have consistent steady smoke. I’m smoking for myself and a few friends; if you are smoking for a bunch of folks then more room would be convenient.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I had a 40 when I was making sausage, and honestly I wish it was bigger.
So IMHO I would just get the 40 right off the bat.
Al

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I wish I would have asked that question more than 10 years ago when I bought my MES 30!!!
I didn't like cutting my Rib Racks down, or my Briskets, but most of all I hated it when I mixed a 10 pound batch of Unstuffed Beef Sticks, and I couldn't get them all in on my top 3 racks.
So less than a Year later I got my first MES 40!!

Bear

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
I had a 40 when I was making sausage, and honestly I wish it was bigger.
So IMHO I would just get the 40 right off the bat.
Al
100% agree. Have a 40 and have had it filled many times.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.