What should I smoke?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

watermelonslim

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 7, 2008
So I have some family from out of town visiting. We will be having a dinner at my house on Friday. It will be around 12 people.

The weather should be...
Thursday: Rain/snow, high 33, low 22, wind 7-11 mph, 30% precip.
Friday: Partly cloudy, high 35, low 26, wind 5-6 mph, 20% precip.

I will be using chargriller with side firebox, controlled by my stoker. I will seal the chargriller with heavy duty foil, and wrap it with welding blankets. That should make this possible in the cold. I did 2 turkeys on thanksgiving in below zero temperatures. I have a covered patio so I'm not worried about the rain/snow either.

What should I smoke?

I'm thinking ribs, abt's, beans, & coleslaw. That way you don't have to worry when it will be done. You can have a pretty good estimate when dinner will be ready. You can serve the abt's a couple of hours before the ribs will be done for an appetizer. 

Last edited:
Yep yep! Or if you wanted to go cheaper than ribs you can do some whole chickens. At higher temps like 275 to 325 they only take a few hours usually. I just made the best chicken salad I've ever tasted this past weekend for my wedding. Everything is better smoked. Good luck boss.

I'm thinking ribs, abt's, beans, & coleslaw. That way you don't have to worry when it will be done. You can have a pretty good estimate when dinner will be ready. You can serve the abt's a couple of hours before the ribs will be done for an appetizer. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky