What should I do next?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm gonna be out in your neck of the woods Friday. I'm getting the name/address/number of a butcher out that way. I'm doing pork butts Sunday and wanted to check him out. He's supposed to be able to get/have in stock packer-trim brisket which I've not been able to find around here for anything less than 6.99/lb. When I get his number I'll post or PM you.

KE

one of the first fish i smoke was a whitefish.... they are very mild in flavor and not very fishy tasting... i wasnt a big fan of salmon until i smoked it either... just have to make sure you take out the lateral line which is the fishy dark part...

i have smoked bass,perch,pike,and trout of course...most of these fish take on the flavor of your brine and the smoke and have a very faint taste of fish

Okay, J-here is what you do- Re-read through ALL the recipes posted here at SMF (There's plenty for Meat dishes, sides and deserts to make a complete meal) Write down the names of all the recipes that you want to try on strips of paper and then place all the Meat dishes in one box, all the sides in an other and the deserts in a third.

When you're ready to try something new, draw a slip of paper out of a box, retrieve the recipe and you're good to go.

icon_mrgreen.gif

Enjoy!!

We get the shaft out here. Cost of living isn't outrageous but it's high enough.

Buffler is good meat. It's best when served rare or med. rare. For those that like their meat done, they are better off with beef as buffler dries out if overcooked. A nice comprimise if you can find it is Beefalo- cross between beef and buffalo.

I'm not trying to be stupid here but didn't even know such a thing excisted...or is this a jackalope kinda thing???
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

if your talking about the beefalo thing....no, dutch is not pulling your leg.....however it's fairly difficult to find as far as I know, it is by breeding buffallo with regular cow......

OH I about blew a gasket when I first tried to buy a brisket out here. Me and the butcher went round and round.. "I don't want the d*#@#$ thing cooked"... "It isn't cooked"... "What the #4#*@ are we talking about then?" etc... It was ugly. I was used to paying 1.99/lb all day every day at any grocery store. I've had em fedexed in from Texas for cheaper than I could buy them here.

Stars,

Did you find out the name of the butcher. There is a place right down the street from me call Sir Loin. They are a little on the expensive side right out the case, but I have heard that if you special order\call in your cut it is cheaper. Haven't done it yet but then again i've never had a reason to until now so...

Smoked,

So far I have $4.99 a lb for a Buffalo Roast. Not too bad for the other prices around here. It's a Chuck with some fat. I'd have to check on the tenderloin's and rib, I am sure they are a little more.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky