What should I do next?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

firewife

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
Redding, CA
OK I am really digging my new meat smoking hobby and so far I've done baby back ribs and pulled pork with excellent results.  Also did a great BCC.  Still working on brisket but not ready to do another one yet.

What should I try next???

You like seafood? Smoked fish, scallops, shrimp are all pretty easy and very delicious. If you are a dedicated meat eater, you can make a big hit with brined pork loin. And fatties are bit of work but you can be a real show off with the stuffings you use. And easy to smoke. If its not too hot where you are smoked cheese is a real treat. If you are going to get into the smoked lettuce or smoked water routine....
I can't help you.

Last edited:
This hobby will get you.......very addictive.

What kind of smoker are you using? I had 5.......now I'm down to 3. And looking to build a real smoke house (see....I told you......very addictive).

Sign up for Jeff's weekly news letter.......a new idea each week. I just did chicken breast cut into strips and wrapped in bacon.......very good and very simple. I'm doing a leg of lamb today with smoked potato bombs.

I probably should not mention this........I will have game sticks going in over the next two days so that I will have room for more venison and elk coming up. If you add sausage making to your hobby.......well, we can save that till later...
sausage.gif

Have a great week......

Brad

Chicken, fatties, and ABT's jump to mind. Also try dino eggs - Place a few raw eggs in a small tinfoil boat and smoke at 250'ish for about one and a half hours. The eggs take on a light smokey flavor and make awesome sandwiches and deviled eggs. Note - the foil is just in case one of them cracks, I have never had that happen, but better safe than sorry.

OK I am really digging my new meat smoking hobby and so far I've done baby back ribs and pulled pork with excellent results.  Also did a great BCC.  Still working on brisket but not ready to do another one yet.

What should I try next???
I always recommend chicken, its the easiest to get, its the least expensive (or used to be), its the fastest cooking, etc. And do it simple.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/156212/nekkid-chicken-foamheart

I have now had only one person which it didn't come out delicious.

A bit more daring? Well it takes a day or two longer to brine and dry, but well worth the effort. Just added techniques to the above.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/152772/basic-brined-smoked-chicken

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/153699/national-finals-and-smoked-chicken

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky