What is your favorite smoker accessory....something you cannot live without.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As a stocking stuffer, get him several of those long bic lighters.  You can never have enough of those things.  Mine always seem to dissapear.

My girlfriend put some of those in my stocking last year and I thought it was the best thing ever.

A good remote therm (Mavrick's are very popular), a good quick read pocket dial therm (for checking leg quarters), an assortment of wood chunks/chips that they might not normally use (pecan, peach, pear, alder, ect.), Stufz burger press, a bunch of foil pans to use for cooking, a big role of heavy duty foil (restraunt style roll), a big roll of restraunt grade plastic wrap, latex gloves for raw meat handeling, a bunch of meat in the freezer!

All good gift ideas that come in really handy.
biggrin.gif

Hey Bridget,

I just wanted to say, its pretty awesome that you took the incentive to come here, sign up, and then post to find out what would be a great gift.

I'm sure he will be well surprised when he opens up all the nice stuff you find him for x mas.

Its just a pretty cool deal you are doing, because its always more fun to get cool stuff you really want instead of a gift card.

Hey Bridget,

I just wanted to say, its pretty awesome that you took the incentive to come here, sign up, and then post to find out what would be a great gift.

I'm sure he will be well surprised when he opens up all the nice stuff you find him for x mas.

Its just a pretty cool deal you are doing, because its always more fun to get cool stuff you really want instead of a gift card.
I second that
icon_razz.gif

Welding Gloves and Stainless Steel 18" Food Tongs.

I have 2 identical pairs of the S/S tongs and one is for nothing but handling smoke woods and charcoal. They don't sell these online anymore, but I picked them up for $2.00/each at walmart.com a couple years ago.

The gloves are obviously a must, but welding gloves will handle extreme temps for brief periods without damage or burnt hands. I've grabbed onto a fully loaded charcoal grate with a hot coal bed to transfer it into my weber kettle grill and place inside to snuff out the coals (the kettle is pretty air-tight, while my smoker is not), so I can re-use the leftover coals the next time around. Never had an issue with hot hands yet, and these gloves are 6 years old.

Anyway, now that I've used these items for the length of time that I have, I'd be lost without them, as I'd have to re-think how I'd do everything all over again.

Merry Christmas, Bridget!

Eric

Not necessarily an accessory, but certainly a benefit of a great relationship which is love, kindness, patience, endurance, consideration, admiration and more love; and based on your initiative to do this post in the first place, I can tell that all the above is in great abundance!  Congratulations on your kindness and consideration in making this thread and we all wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  Nothing can be better than the joy of giving and sharing!

Bridget,

I sure wish my wife would ask my Buddies what i want.

A few years back, I got a trip to Las Vagas.  Sounds GREAT right.....The trip included my Mother-In-Law!

THANKS for the order!!!

Todd

Bridget,

I sure wish my wife would ask my Buddies what i want.

A few years back, I got a trip to Las Vagas.  Sounds GREAT right.....The trip included my Mother-In-Law!

THANKS for the order!!!

Todd
todd did she and the trip come in a little brown truck LOL 

Good Morning All,

I brought the new maverick thermo. (on back order but I'll gift wrap a picture)

A-Maze-N-Smoker

Cherry Sawdust

Butane Lighter

Heavy Duty Foil

Pans

Knife

Gloves

I think that's it.   I appreciate all the great suggestions.  It was fun coming back here to see what you amazing smokers posted.   I love to cook as well and it's so nice to have someone cook for me once in a while.    I've bookmarked this site.....I can see me getting into smoking as well.   Merry Christmas to all.

Bridget

p.s. - thanks for posting links.....they were very helpful.

Bridget, with that great gift list, he's going to be one happy smoker!  And I'll bet he'd love to have a smokin' partner, so come on back!  

Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Bridget, with that great gift list, he's going to be one happy smoker!  And I'll bet he'd love to have a smokin' partner, so come on back!  

Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Exactly what Dean said !

Bearcarver

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky