1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What is the "boink" sound coming from the forum ??

Discussion in 'Bugs, Glitches and Miscellaneous Forum Problems' started by daveomak, Jan 6, 2019.

1. daveomak

daveomak Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Can I turn it off ?? Why is it there ??
    I need my computer volume set, as I use the internal alarms to remind me of stuff I need to check... CRS disease U-Know...

2. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Chat room posts I think.

Chris

3. drunkenmeatfist

drunkenmeatfist Meat Mopper

GMC is right. It became irritating to me too. If you look to the bottom right of your screen you should see the little chat box. You should be able to hover your pointer over the word chat to bring up the option to "toggle chat". Click that at it will expand. Then you can go to settings and unclick all of the boxes for sound and it will be muted.

BC Buck and daveomak like this.
  4. motocrash

motocrash Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I was wondering the same thing.Chris is probably right as I don't recall it before the chat room was opened.
    Though word on the street is it's every time a brisket reaches probe tender.:emoji_laughing:

5. motocrash

motocrash Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Thanks DMF!

6. daveomak

I had not noticed the "sounds" thingy.... Thanks much.... I turned off all the sounds... When I nap, I will have one less interruption.... HOORAY !!!!

crazymoon likes this.
  7. daveomak

Well krap, now I'm twitching waiting for the next "BOINK".... guess I was conditioned by that obnoxious sound....

8. flatbroke

flatbroke Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

lol