• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What is the best brand of pellets to use?

fishwish

Joined Nov 13, 2016
I am new to smoking using an electric smoker. Is there a difference in pellet brands as far as flavor goes?

Thanks

Fishwish

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Welcome to the group!  I would think pellets are pellets.

Mike

wade

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 12, 2013
Yes pellets do differ. When you buy them check what you are getting - some are 100% the wood flavour that you want and others use something like Oak with the flavour wood as a filler. Their is nothing wrong with the ones that use the filler wood but they will give a different flavour intensity. Also different pellet manufacturers use different pellet extrusion sizes and pressures. Depending on what you are going to do with the pellets this can affect the result.

To start with I recommend that you try a brand that is 100% flavour wood and see how you get on with it. A lot of folks here buy from Todd at Amazen products so there would be a good place to look.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Todd's pellets are 100% of whatever wood you are buying.

He's a member & sponsor on here, and his customer service is the best.

http://www.amazenproducts.com/

Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.