What is OK Joe's thinking?!?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JBinGB

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 24, 2020
I was looking at grills on Marketplace and one popped up, an OK Joe highland for $400 that claims used twice. I thought this guy was nuts because brand new they are $350.

Well, that was last year.

Apparently the highland is now $450 and for kicks I looked at my Bronco, and that is now $450 as well.

Now, I understand inflation and steel prices have been rising, but come on. I love my bronco but at the end of the day it's just a heavy duty trash can with wheels and a lid.

I bought my bronco last year on sale at Lowe's for $250. I love the smoker and even if it was $300 feel that's a fair deal.

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't feel either of those pits is worth $450.

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
I gave $150 for the used OKJ Highland I have, and almost felt like I was overpaying at that.

On the price of new, issues with steel supply, increased transport costs, etc. all add into the price hike.

Last edited:
The price of steel is still roughly double what it was in 2020. 3 months ago mild steel sheet was well over a dollar a lb.

Reactions: DanMcG
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky