What is everyone smoking this weekend?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I can't believe I just used the word 'fatty' in a sentence...

icon_mrgreen.gif

Look at the "smoked a fatty today" thread (recent). That's the bomb, you can flatten them out and put anything inside. Roll it around in dry rub, then 2-3 hours at 225.

Had about 25 friends/family over today for a feast! 15 pounds of pulled pork, coleslaw and fresh rolls. 3 racks of spare ribs, 5 chickens, and 4 dozen ABTs. Left my meat thermometer AND my digital smoker probe at work after smoking the pork there yesterday. Did the ribs and chicken using the thermometer built into my GOSM, and going by time, look & feel. Worked out great. My best spare ribs ever - fall-off-the-bone-tender! Chicken was brined using a brine I got googling - 3 Men with nothing better to do! Competition chicken. Worked out great - juiciest chicken I ever made! No hot dogs or hamburgers served! Friends/family brought over chile, beer, beans, beer, salads, and more beer. Awesome day! Ended abrubtly when an unexpected thunderstorm rolled into town. Dessert got a little wet! Lots of leftovers!!! YEAH!!!

Sorry about the lack of pictures - I was too busy playing host and cooking!

Went to Ks. this weekend to visit with freinds. They had just purchased a Charbroil/w sfb. We seasoned the smoker and did some cooking on it and mine. We cooked the following on Sat. Pigcandy, 5 fatties, 8 slabs of ribs, 2 butts, a ham, some boneless chicken breasts, 12 brauts, a whole loin, a head of cabbage, baked potatoes, and 2 salmon fillets. Think I have them hooked on smoking. Everything came out great, and had a great time.

A full briskit, country ribs and anything else I can find. I just finished salmon patties, and hard boiled eggs.

Ha ha ha . I didn't realize it was an old one, I guess I was searching for something and ran into it. I thought the dates were off, but didn't pay attention to the year.

Time for another cold one, if it wasn't so cold here I would go back on the patio and fire up the smoker just for company.
icon_surprised.gif

Wife is watching TV and two dogs are with her. Damn it is cold here, 50 degrees.

Going to smoke some Pheasant my son and I got around Christmas (his first time out) and I am thinking about Ribs since I have never smoked Ribs before.

Also I will go through the freezer and see what else i can find.

No better time to resurrect an old thread... LOL
Told my daughter I was gonna smoke a fatty Sunday, she looked at me a bit strange....

Anyway, ribs, fatty, beans, whatever else sounds good... If I'm gonna fire it up, I might as well fill it up.

Butts (on right now) fatties, beans and turds. Timing for the start of the Stanley Cup Finals and game 3 of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals. Thank God for Picture-in-Picture. Gonna burn through a set of remote batteries switchin back & forth

I've got 3-2-1 ribs going right now. Just foiled them up. I'm trying a new wood that is called "wenge". It is a hard wood that they use to make furniture out of here in the Congo. It smells good so far.

Everyone have nice memorial day weekend!

Right now I am smoking a Pall Mall with coffee on the side. Tomorrow will be a fatty, ABT's and some spares. Hope the wind dies down by then and the storms hold off.

Great thread to breath life back in to.

Sunday I will be smoking 20 lbs of Canadian Bacon for resupply and a few gifts and while that is working I will put on some fatties made from Rytek Kutas recipe for breakfast sausage. Can't decide to just do plain old chubs with Jeff's Rub or if I should dress them up a bit with lotsa goodies. We'll see how the mood hits.

There will be a rack of ribs, 3-2-1 and a butt for pulled pork sammies in the lunch pail next week. And, of course a rack full of ABT's. If there is room I will attempt to sneak in a yard bird one way or another.

I will take some Q View pics but they will have to wait posting because my puter crashed last week and I am still in recovery process.

So, here's wishing y'all a safe and happy weekend and a big, gratefull thanks to all of those who keep our way of life protected by their dedicated efforts and especially a prayer to all who have given the ultimate sacrifice for that goal. Thank you!

Cheers!

Saturday: 2 chickens (butterfly), 4 racks of bb ribs (I have 6 but can't fit them I don't think) -- about to go get fatty and abt ingredients

Sunday: Pork Loin at some point, 2 racks of ribs (from above)

At 5am I put 2-8lb pork butts and a 9lb brisket in with some apple wood, my first on both...All have reached 151 and still rolling...pics to come later...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky