What flavor of todd's pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So here we are again and my favorite saying on the forum is it all comes down to personal preference. What you like may not be what my taste likes. So you will have to try and see what fires up your taste buds. Me I mostly use apple don't like mesquite as you said about hickory its to strong for my taste.

Warren

I have researched this topic ad nauseum in the day and the consensus is that there is NO consensus. :emoji_laughing:

I haven't tried oak yet.

Do it. INSANELY good on pork and beef (CenTex bbq is all oak). Oak sounds plain and doesn't sound sexy like pecan or mesquite so I think many guys pass on it. It is stronger than fruit woods but milder than mesquite or hickory. Just right, if you ask me. Let me know if you want some and I'll send it for hooking me onto using dust on cheese. Many recall I did 7 butts over time for daughter's grad party last year, so I tried most and once I tried oak it was over! https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/that-moment-when.276992/

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky