• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What Does Anyone Know Anything About This Smoker/Grill? New Braunfels

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2008
A buddy of mine is moving and gave me this.  It's pretty rusty.  I'm trying to decide if it's worth saving.  It's heavy duty for sure.  It probably weighs a couple hundred pounds.  He said he only ever used it for griling by putting charcoal directly in the top.  Said he never used the firebox.

Looks like I got a new/old chimney starter too

This is access to the grates.  Not the firebox.

Here's the firebox down below.  Maybe this is meant to be wood fired?  Not sure how I'd dump a chimney of coals in here

Backside

Here you can kind of see the approx. 3"x3" hole from the top to the firebox below

Same shot a little wider

There are two grates in there.  The top one looks like it might be coated.

So if anyone knows anything about this grill/smoker, and what I should do with it, I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Don't know much about it but it sure looks like it's worth cleaning up. nice score IMO!

porked

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 2, 2009
Looks like a POS and you ought to ship it to me tomorrow.

Just kidding...I see a lot of possibilties with that. It's a good name, that I can tell you. I would make it a project and clean it up and see what happens. it is definitely a stick burner I would think. Nice find Dude!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Jay

I think you should give it a steam cleaning and send it to me. The fact is that I can use it year around and you have a very limited window in the spring and summer.Nice score my friend

oldschoolbbq

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 16, 2008
Duder,I'd go ahead and keep it to restore just to add it to my stable

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Before you go to all the trouble of cleaning it up, why not just clean the top grate & smoke something. See how it turns out before you invest your time in restoring it.

callahan4life

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 20, 2011
I'm with Al. Clean it up a little, smoke something. If you like it restore it. If you don't then restore it (or not) and then Craig List it. I know if I lived near you and you didn't want I would come get it in a second.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 25, 2007
I'm with Al, Do a test run

Then a few tweaks if needed.

Then do your restore.

From where I'm sitting, it definitely has potential.

Keep us posted.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 25, 2007
Dude, try these links and see what you can find out

New Braunfels

Post about New Braunfels

Really don't tell you much but it appears that square design has been replaced by the Round Design, "New Braunfels Super Longhorn Deluxe Smoker"

Sorry couldn't help more

ecto1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 22, 2010
I would definalty try to restore it.  If nothing ele it will give you extra smoking room when you need it.

ecto1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 22, 2010
Also would use a charcoal basket in it.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Dude, If all else fails..............herb garden.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.