What Does Anyone Know Anything About This Smoker/Grill? New Braunfels

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 12, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
A buddy of mine is moving and gave me this.  It's pretty rusty.  I'm trying to decide if it's worth saving.  It's heavy duty for sure.  It probably weighs a couple hundred pounds.  He said he only ever used it for griling by putting charcoal directly in the top.  Said he never used the firebox.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Looks like I got a new/old chimney starter too

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This is access to the grates.  Not the firebox.

ry%3D400

Here's the firebox down below.  Maybe this is meant to be wood fired?  Not sure how I'd dump a chimney of coals in here

ry%3D400

Backside

ry%3D400

Here you can kind of see the approx. 3"x3" hole from the top to the firebox below

ry%3D400

Same shot a little wider

ry%3D400

There are two grates in there.  The top one looks like it might be coated.

So if anyone knows anything about this grill/smoker, and what I should do with it, I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Don't know much about it but it sure looks like it's worth cleaning up. nice score IMO!

Looks like a POS and you ought to ship it to me tomorrow.

Just kidding...I see a lot of possibilties with that. It's a good name, that I can tell you. I would make it a project and clean it up and see what happens. it is definitely a stick burner I would think. Nice find Dude!

Jay

I think you should give it a steam cleaning and send it to me. The fact is that I can use it year around and you have a very limited window in the spring and summer.Nice score my friend

Before you go to all the trouble of cleaning it up, why not just clean the top grate & smoke something. See how it turns out before you invest your time in restoring it.

I'm with Al. Clean it up a little, smoke something. If you like it restore it. If you don't then restore it (or not) and then Craig List it. I know if I lived near you and you didn't want I would come get it in a second.

I'm with Al, Do a test run

Then a few tweaks if needed.

Then do your restore.

From where I'm sitting, it definitely has potential.

Keep us posted.

I would definalty try to restore it.  If nothing ele it will give you extra smoking room when you need it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky