What do you pay for leg of lamb?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fire it up

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 24, 2009
South Jersey
Our local Pathmark has semi-boneless leg of lamb on sale for $1.99lb
From what I hear that is a pretty good deal so I was wondering how good and what others pay.
This will be my first time doing lamb so not even sure I will like it but if it's going on the smoker I'm sure it will be good.

I think Sam's gets 4 something a pound for boneless. Not sure what semi-bonless means, I mean either it has the leg bone or it doesn't.
icon_question.gif

If you like rare beef you will love the lamb.

The semi-boneless is just a leg with part of the bone usually up to the knee removed and the larger upper leg bone is still inside. Some people call this type of leg "frenched" around here (Indiana) they are usually 3 to 5 dollars per pound.

I have a couple in the freezer as we speak and they went for about 3.85 lb. Now I might take one out for the weekend. I want to get ready for the gathering at Jerry's

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky