• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What do you do when you bored?

wpnsexpert78

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 30, 2016
YOU SMOKE WHATEVER YOU CAN. I woke up and thought to myself it was going to be a boring day so I did what every other rational man would have done, I fired up the smoker pulled a couple of briskets and a few pounds of sausage out of the deep freezer, went and bought some chicken, pork butts and pork tenderloins. Once everything was cooked I vacuum sealed everything in portion sizes and "BAAM"  I have lunch ready for the next week or so.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
Sounds like a great way to spend the day and quite beneficial as well!

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
That's only going to last a week,or so? Great idea enjoy the lunch breaks!

palladini

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 23, 2013
I am in upper mid 50s and on Disability.  Boredom is 50% of my day.   I do watch for meat on sale, pork that I can smoke, BBQ or make sausage with .I watch nothing but NASCAR and Rodeo events, I hate all unionized sports.  I do some cooking, but my disability is with what is going on in my brain, so sometimes that is a challenge for me.

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
If I can, I smoke something.  If not, I try to build something.  I'm not the least bit handy when it comes to building anything, so it soon becomes a living nightmare.  The total frustration rapidly overwhelms the boredom.

Gary

gearjammer

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 6, 2015
Dang man, lunch for the next week or so.

You gotta have a biiiiiiig lunch box.  

Nice smoke man.

Hope you had fun.

Ed

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
I stare at the clock until my shift is up, then I go home and watch the time fly by..

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
my disability is with what is going on in my brain

Have the same problem doc said PTSD when I seen her on Fri.

Don't do what I do drink

Richie

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
When bored? I get on SMF and see want the rest of you guys are up to...JJ

lancep

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 6, 2016
Same here Ritchie. I've found that perusing SMF is quite a valuable use of my downtime.

jamesoh79

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 28, 2016
If your bored. Netflix all the way! Game of Thrones is amazing. I do a lot of fishing. Living in Michigan. Tons of different types of species to go after. From bluegill to King Salmon.

I'm ashamed to say. I haven't done much bbqing the last couple of weeks. I got a new AR15 rifle. So I've been shooting every weekend for the last 2 months. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.