What do I buy to get my husband started Smoke Hollow Pro Series 44

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Alicia the Amznps is not a "smoker" it is an accessory to be used in a "smoker" it is a handy gadget that allows some one to control the amount of smoke they want, and it makes smoking at low temperatures very easy,  jerky is made at lower temps so the amznps would help with that, I never smoke fish so I am not familiar with that

The MES is an electric smoker it will produce smoke on it's own , smoking most things like brisket, pork butt, and turkey the MES will produce good smoke on it's own

the good thing about the electric smoker is it regulates it's own temperatures making it a little easier to  operate it kind of a "set it and forget it" kind of unit as long as you have a remopter termo like the maverick et-732 to monitor it while you are doing other things

Also with the electric you don't have to worry about running out of fuel, sometimes smoking a porkbutt can take  well over 12 to 14 hrs, running out of propane in the middle of a smoke could mean possible failure for the days dinner!

I own the Masterbuilt electric 40. With this unit since it is electric you can do a 14 lb. brisket put it in at 9-10 pm let it go all night and all the next day should be ready around 3pm. Cover with foil and wrap in towel and put in a cooler for 2 hours and dinner is ready at 5 :) . I love mine its the best thing my dad ever bought me. The AMNPS wich is a pellet smoker will put out smoke all night long so he can sleep all night without having to get up and put chips in every 1/2 hour.

JAJARCHEF

I will buy AMZNPS = smoke tube or smoke maze. Creates a small steady amount of smoke for long cooks or cold smoking

Will that work with Smoke Hollow Pro Series 44 or do I need to look at a different smoker.....

Thank you,

Alicia
AMNPS = maze

AMNTS = tube

The maze hasn't shown very good results in a propane smoker. The gas burns too much O2 and it won't stay lit.

The tube is fairly new and has been showing very good results in propane.

Don't ask me why the tube works in propane and the maze doesn't but it does.

The maze is a lot more popular in an electric smoker.

How about Jeffs new bbq book and his recipe for rub? The book is in the carasele (sp?) on main page and just type in Jeffs rub in search bar or the little wooden sign in the upper right hand corner for smoking meat.com

He will have  fun smoking!!!!

Steve

Yes they will. I have not used one in a propane cooker. S2K9Khas and may be able to give some more insight.

You will find all kinds of opinions on what is best type of smoker. That is why there are so many different ones out there and why some people have so many different ones at home. Some perform better under different situations, where others will struggle. The smoker you are looking at is a good starter and the MES is as well. Just the fact that you are taking the time to research it and make it special, he should love it. I know I would. If what he has been eyeballing is the Smoke Hollow, I would lean that way. Most gas smokers need some minor modifications to help control the flame better. You can find them on this sight and most have the shopping list and are easy to do during assembly.

Where do I buy this AMZNPS = smoke tube?

It is available from the same place Harry showed you:

http://www.amazenproducts.com/

This is one of our forum sponsors and he has some of the best customer service you will ever find anywhere!

I just saw a new thread pop up that shows a propane smoker with the ANMTS (Tube)

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...-new-landmann-3895gwla-picnic-shoulder-q-view

I'll see if I can find a pic with the MES and an AMNPS (Maze)

Oh by the way, about where in this world are you located? Location can sometimes affect what equipment can be better.

Oh, thank you for helping me. I think this smoker is nice but any input is greatly appreciated

I am buying AMNTS = tube the book and maverick -732  Still haven't decided on a smoker [emoji]9829[/emoji]

Thanking for clearing that up for me.  I not the brightest light bulb when it comes to smoking[emoji]9829[/emoji]

Where do I buy this tube

I would wait on buying the Tube until you decide on a smoker. If you decide on the MES you will want the AMNPS (Maze). If you buy the ET 732 from Amazen you get free shipping on your entire order, you will want some pellets too. I would hold off on buying any of that until I decided on a smoker, Todd has very fast shipping and you still have plenty of time.

I found the tube it come in 12inch and 18 inch What size do I need 12 or 18 [emoji]9829[/emoji]  Sorry for the questions and thank you for all the help [emoji]9829[/emoji]

I think I am going to by Smoke Hollow Pro Series 44 (THINK)

now I am reading about
[h3]Landmann Smoky Mountain 38" Wide-Chamber Vertical Gas Smoker with 2 Heat-Saving Drawers What do you think of this one?[/h3]

Since the Smoke Hollow 44 is 24" wide i would go with the 18" Tube. It will burn a lot longer than the 12" model.

[h3]S2K9K[/h3][h3]Landmann Smoky Mountain 38" Wide-Chamber Vertical Gas Smoker with 2 Heat-Saving Drawers...What do you think about this one?[/h3]
Thank you,

Alicia

[h3]S2K9K[/h3]
ok now reading about
[h1]Landmann Smoky Mountain 34" Vertical Gas Smoker with 2 Heat-Saving Drawers This comes in 3 sizes does size matter once he learns to smoke he won't stop[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky